Big Sam and the Telegraph | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Big Sam and the Telegraph

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Revie Hoddle Sven Capello all left after controversy.

FA place such emphasis on the role and the standards expected yet keep appointing people who fail to live up to them.

Dec 4, 2012
Lewdownlee":27mqnd73 said:
Sam is no angel but what is it with our press giving engand managers a kicking. Who would want that job now?

Sams fault is poor judgement. The press hound celebs looking for a story. I don't think the vacancy will be unfilled for long.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Turnchapel Only":34kzya1o said:
Lewdownlee":34kzya1o said:
Sam is no angel but what is it with our press giving engand managers a kicking. Who would want that job now?

Sams fault is poor judgement. The press hound celebs looking for a story. I don't think the vacancy will be unfilled for long.
Entirely his own fault. He was already on £3 million a year, more money than most of us would earn in many lifetimes. Surely it is impossible to spend that amount of salary - why on earth would he want another £400k? Biggest laugh for me was when he called himself a "keynote speaker" - what an ego!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I would go for Hoddle with Eddie Howe as his assistant for two years where he can still manage Bournemouth and in two years time he takes over from Hoddle.

The Daily Telegraph has turned into the Sun!

Sep 13, 2003
PL2 3DQ":1426jusx said:
I would go for Hoddle with Eddie Howe as his assistant for two years where he can still manage Bournemouth and in two years time he takes over from Hoddle.

Why is there an obsession with Hoddle? What did he win again? The bloke was a failure.

H

HuddyTheGreen

Clarke_B":1ud373js said:
PL2 3DQ":1ud373js said:

Why is there an obsession with Hoddle? What did he win again? The bloke was a failure.

Wouldn't want him back but couldn't remember thinking he was a failure, just a prat.

His 60% win rate is only bettered by Ramsey, Capello and oh, Allerdyce.... :-D

Apr 15, 2008
London
The thing about the 'sting' is... you just know that Sam did/does this all the time. It was no accident that they caught him as part of this investigation.

A

andyr1963

Emeraldinho":17w1pirw said:
I'd hardly call the Telegraph the gutter press.

Entrapment is a classic gutter press trick.

Ten months in the making the story on Allardyce. The "reporters" must have been beside themselves when Sam got the England job.

If it had been the tabloid press, I suspect the story would have been sat on until the run in to a championship.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
No sympathy for Fat Sam - he brought it upon himself, not the press.

If the FA are determined to ensure the England manager is English, I can't see any other alternative than Eddie Howe. But he'll probably want to stay in club management and we'll end up with Steve Bruce :mad:

Melbourne Mark

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Mar 1, 2006
Melbourne
Big Sham....wot a plonker!

I'd like Marcello Lippi to steady the ship for a couple of years, with Eddie Howe or Southgate as assistant then ready to take over longer term.

Aug 3, 2008
Plymouth
A good club manager does not necessarily make a good International manager. Need a good tactician not man manager. Still Glenn Hoddle for me.

memory man":3vcmdrbf said:
Turnchapel Only":3vcmdrbf said:
Lewdownlee":3vcmdrbf said:

Entirely his own fault. He was already on £3 million a year, more money than most of us would earn in many lifetimes. Surely it is impossible to spend that amount of salary - why on earth would he want another £400k? Biggest laugh for me was when he called himself a "keynote speaker" - what an ego!

Rule of thumb you live within your means so with having a 3m salary you live the life to go with it, house, car etc. If we were offered extra money on top of our income we would take it as did he.

Yes it is his fault and he was an idiot but dont kid yourself to think it was done for the good of football, it was done for the good of the bank balance of the paper ironically!!!