Away kit revealed | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Away kit revealed

Do you like the new away kit?

• Yes

Votes: 111 49.1%
  • No

Votes: 81 35.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 27 11.9%
  • Not bothered -'meh'

Votes: 7 3.1%

• Total voters

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
There are 2 issues here.

1 Does it work with the fan base? Will it sell shirts?
2 Will it work on the field. Will it help or hinder us winning games?

I think a tick for Q1, but for Q2 ....... ?

Perhaps the camouflage might work too well?

Jul 29, 2010
AdelaideGreen":k6wg7p0k said:
There are 2 issues here.

1 Does it work with the fan base? Will it sell shirts?
2 Will it work on the field. Will it help or hinder us winning games?

I think a tick for Q1, but for Q2 ....... ?

Perhaps the camouflage might work too well?
I think if you can't see luminous socks, luminous stripes down the shorts and sleeves a half luminous front torso and a totally luminous back torso...not to mention half these modern footballers and their bleddy luminous boots...then you shouldn't be on a football pitch.

That will not be an issue.

Feb 23, 2008
I always thought the idea of an away kit was that it was a complete contrast to the home kit to avoid kit clashes, it's probably just me but is that kit different enough to avoid clashes with other teams that play in green?

greenpig27

Jam First
Aug 16, 2005
plymouth
chunkymonkey78":14sew6fe said:
I always thought the idea of an away kit was that it was a complete contrast to the home kit to avoid kit clashes, it's probably just me but is that kit different enough to avoid clashes with other teams that play in green?
And who would they be ? :greensmile:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Argy1e":2a9j8ef2 said:
That's definitely a smaller logo than the one on the initial picture. Think both shirts look a lot better in that image that the original ones.

Be warned, I think that shirt in the shop is a 'mock up'. I believe the red blob will be larger.

Feb 23, 2008
greenpig27":2gnxpnsh said:
chunkymonkey78":2gnxpnsh said:
And who would they be ? :greensmile:

Well there's always cup games...... :)

I'm assuming that if it came to it the other team would wear their change kit but my first thought when I saw them was they're both green ......

As for people moaning about the logo on the back, surely the Plymouth university one was far more intrusive?

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
IJN":1rt1dock said:
Argy1e":1rt1dock said:
That's definitely a smaller logo than the one on the initial picture. Think both shirts look a lot better in that image that the original ones.

Be warned, I think that shirt in the shop is a 'mock up'. I believe the red blob will be larger.
I guess that's fair, they've edited their logo on the away shirt for us, so for them to ask for it to be bigger on the home shirt (I'd assume that might have happened) seems a good way to please both parties.

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
PAFCMatt84":xl1zbxn8 said:
Both on display in the shop.

As first thought, the away looks much better in person, but still unsure if I like it.

Sadly looks like that Ginsters badge on the home top might not have been photoshopped after all...

Loving the home either way :)

IMG_5324.jpg

Headless chickens comes to mind looking at this . However , having had time to view the away shirt for a while now , I like it , and I will like it even more with Graham Carey in it.. :scarf: :scarf:

Jul 29, 2010
PAFCMatt84":3l0dshqk said:
I've only just noticed, what's that hanging up on the wall behind (between) the shirts?

It looks like a black shouldered home green shirt with a lime green stripe under the brand 'Primal'. (You might need to zoom in).

What's that all about?

X Isle":1s33ql4m said:
I've only just noticed, what's that hanging up on the wall behind (between) the shirts?

It looks like a black shouldered home green shirt with a lime green stripe under the brand 'Primal'. (You might need to zoom in).

What's that all about?

I believe Primal manufactured the cycling top last year - so it's either last years design or a new one for this year. Maybe.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
So, walking back from the car Mrs Pogle says: 'That t-shirt is too tight, I'll buy you one for yer birthday'.
'No' says Pogle 'I'll give it to charity, I've got loads of t-shirts, I'll start wearing them'.

'Ok' says Mrs Pogle 'I'll buy you an Argo shirt for your birthday'

Instead of enthusiasm and unfettered joy she was confronted by a silent, pondering (ponderous) and thoughtful Pogle.

So .. what do I do?? I know she'll buy me a shirt but: Home or Away?? :think:

As I've said earlier I think I'll be into the shop fifthwith to see them in person. Should I order now? Birthday end of July so XXL (YouFB!!/WAATP?) sizes might be in demand?
Home looks more conventional for my generous proportions.
Think in the away I may come across as a giant waddling chocolate lime éclair toffee? :oops:

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Such a great kit, following on from another great design last season. I like this one even more though. I am confused about the whole club crest situation though. The first season that the heat applied crest was used on the kits, all the training gear still had an embroidered crest. From then on, it was all heat applied, though I noticed the burgundy third kit was embroidered again? And now it's heat applied again, but training gear is embroidered? Is it something to do with the demand/number they have to produce? It's a shame really.