Argyle Insider - SCAM-Be Careful-SCAM - Argyle Insider | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle Insider - SCAM-Be Careful-SCAM - Argyle Insider

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
IJN":2f5s2hpo said:
Let's put it this way, it's my opinion that without the influence off Todd and the Japanese, we would not have gone into Admin.

It was the lure of big money and the 'New Workd' that made certain people take there eye off the ball.

Spot on with that comment PS and his board made some mistakes without doubt, but it was Todd and co who caused our downfall.

Stapleton is a football man I still see him at some local football games I can't see no reason why he should not watch Argyle if that is what he wants.

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
dunlop":3mslrzcm said:
IJN":3mslrzcm said:
Let's put it this way, it's my opinion that without the influence off Todd and the Japanese, we would not have gone into Admin.

It was the lure of big money and the 'New Workd' that made certain people take there eye off the ball.

Spot on with that comment PS and his board made some mistakes without doubt, but it was Todd and co who caused our downfall.

Stapleton is a football man I still see him at some local football games I can't see no reason why he should not watch Argyle if that is what he wants.

Absolutely agree with all of this. There were plenty who, back at the time said in anger that none of the former board members should ever dare to darken the doorstep of Home Park ever again.
But, with the passage of time and the current upturn in our fortunes, I think it would be right and fitting former directors such Mr Stapleton who, at heart were real Argyle fans, should be welcomed back into the Argyle family.
The likes of Todd, Suroy and the Japanese contingent, however, can just do one as far as I am concerned

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
The problem arises that we have far too many neanderthals in attendance!

There are plenty of them that share a braincell that would have a pop at Stapleton.

Sep 29, 2013
plymouth
And why not? Us Neanderthals have a right to express an opinion
If he has the nerve to return he deserves all the flack that he would no doubt get
He was one of a bunch of crooks that nearly ruined our club
Should we forgive and foget? NO!

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Jimmytheoneo":2nl336ei said:
If he has the nerve to return he deserves all the flack that he would no doubt get

Oh dear!

:facepalm:

Andy_S":klo1mfgz said:
Jimmytheoneo":klo1mfgz said:

Oh dear!

:facepalm:

Well you did ask for it!

Tarnishing those that disagree as single braincell neanderthals is pretty inflammatory.

May 4, 2015
Jimmytheoneo":28okr5mi said:

Exactly, Stapleton was in in for personal gain. The purchase of the land adjacent to goals (Formally Plymouth Cricket Club) was completely for his own financial benefit.

the whole episode with Seip was a joke.

The man should never be made welcome at home park again.

A

andyr1963

I would share a pint in the Marquee and be happy to sit next to the guy at a game. Long term fan who helped us on the road to promotion after our nightmare of Dan McCauly.
Got his fingers burnt with some dodgy decisions when trying to get big outside investment in.
Bygones be bygones, we survived, we march on. Preferably together.
I would welcome him back, no problem.
:scarf:

Aug 30, 2016
Peverell
andyr1963":3a51mg3f said:
I would share a pint in the Marquee and be happy to sit next to the guy at a game. Long term fan who helped us on the road to promotion after our nightmare of Dan McCauly.
Got his fingers burnt with some dodgy decisions when trying to get big outside investment in.
Bygones be bygones, we survived, we march on. Preferably together.
I would welcome him back, no problem.
:scarf:
:iagree:

Feb 8, 2005
Do you really think he would be happy to return to the terraces, after being in such a high position at the Club?

He is welcome to do so, as far as I am concerned, but I think Hell will freeze over first.

A

andyr1963

jimsing":1gn16sqj said:
Do you really think he would be happy to return to the terraces, after being in such a high position at the Club?

He is welcome to do so, as far as I am concerned, but I think Hell will freeze over first.

Where are these terraces? If you mean seats, then I guess he would sit in the grandstand, he could sit in zoo corner after a skinful of wifebeater in the clipper of a Saturday lunchtime but probably unlikely.
Terraces for a FA Cup away game, again unlikely. :lol: