Argyle Insider - SCAM-Be Careful-SCAM - Argyle Insider | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle Insider - SCAM-Be Careful-SCAM - Argyle Insider

Aug 30, 2016
Peverell
memory man":c9upeg66 said:
oddball":c9upeg66 said:
The Doctor":c9upeg66 said:
PL2 3DQ":c9upeg66 said:
The Doctor":c9upeg66 said:
The odd thing about this is that Argyle Insider still exists.
The REALLY odd thing is that there are people who post on it.

I thought the same. I think AI was Keith Todd's idea with the intent of taking internet traffic away from Pasoti.

Keith Todd - now there's a name... I'd imagine that as a lifetime a Argyle fan he'll be popping along to one or two of the pre-season friendlies?

A lot of directors who have arrived in the boardroom claim to be lifelong supporters.Yet this is a rather hollow statement, Keith Todd is no where to be seen as indeed is another lifelong supporter Paul Stapleton.
I know you are closer to things than me but my understanding is that the majority of people want Paul Stapleton to remain unseen.
No doubt it's the knowledge of the sort of reception he'd be likely to receive that keeps Paul Stapleton away. It is a fact, though, that he is a lifelong supporter. I was at the same school as him in the same year and used to see him standing on the terraces at every game.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Andy_S":1ascqcfn said:
memory man":1ascqcfn said:
oddball":1ascqcfn said:
The Doctor":1ascqcfn said:
PL2 3DQ":1ascqcfn said:
The Doctor":1ascqcfn said:
The odd thing about this is that Argyle Insider still exists.
The REALLY odd thing is that there are people who post on it.

I thought the same. I think AI was Keith Todd's idea with the intent of taking internet traffic away from Pasoti.

Keith Todd - now there's a name... I'd imagine that as a lifetime a Argyle fan he'll be popping along to one or two of the pre-season friendlies?

A lot of directors who have arrived in the boardroom claim to be lifelong supporters.Yet this is a rather hollow statement, Keith Todd is no where to be seen as indeed is another lifelong supporter Paul Stapleton.
I know you are closer to things than me but my understanding is that the majority of people want Paul Stapleton to remain unseen.

You could be on another galaxy and STILL be closer to things!
That is harsh.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Think he's in Dubi looking for the beach, but can't see it for sand.

Topboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Oct 2, 2003
Plympton
If you want to while away an hour or two having a laugh at scammers then I this site is great - http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com/.

I've had many a happy Friday afternoon in work reading about the exploits of the Monkey Man.

Slightly off topic I know but bloody funny all the same. :thumbs:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I thin Paul Stapleton was a long time Argyle fan, I remember standing next to him at a very unattractive game v Kiddeminster Harriers many years ago.

In my opinion I think he should come back to Home Park as a fan, let's face it, there's no many of us that can say they were the Chairman of PAFC.

Robert Dennerly did it as did Tony Wrathall.

Todd and the Japs caused our downfall, not the local directors that were on the board at the time.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
IJN":13juvdel said:
I thin Paul Stapleton was a long time Argyle fan, I remember standing next to him at a very unattractive game v Kiddeminster Harriers many years ago.

In my opinion I think he should come back to Home Park as a fan, let's face it, there's no many of us that can say they were the Chairman of PAFC.

Todd and the Japs caused our downfall, not the local directors that were on the board at the time.
Well put.

Feb 22, 2008
memory man":3adhj3lo said:
IJN":3adhj3lo said:

Well put.

I agree

Can you imagine what it must be like to support Argyle, man and boy, but not attend because of the "welcome" you might receive. I would like to think PS attends games incognito, but somehow I doubt it.

IMHO I think all he was guilty of was blind faith in the New Order

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
The Fern":2ofjicxd said:
memory man":2ofjicxd said:
IJN":2ofjicxd said:

Well put.

I agree

Can you imagine what it must be like to support Argyle, man and boy, but not attend because of the "welcome" you might receive. I would like to think PS attends games incognito, but somehow I doubt it.

IMHO I think all he was guilty of was blind faith in the New Order
That's how I see it but some will say that as he's an accountant he should have seen the writing on the wall and spoken out. However, I'd have no problem seeing him back. I think he gets his footy fix at Parkway these days.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Paul Stapleton used to provide the spread sheets at every board meeting and everyone on the board knew the financial position the club was in,not only Keith Todd. But did anyone resign,as the previous board did, when they disagreed about the direction the club was going ( Peter Jones, Michael Foot and Nic Warren resigned en masse when they were not in favour of the club buying the leasehold) No nobody resigned,nobody spoke out. As for Paul Stapleton coming back to Argyle, I would not have a probem with that.

IJN":17056mz5 said:

Never!

To lay the blame squarely in one corner is completely wrong. The local directors knew exactly what they were doing and profited handsomely from the Japanese investment. All were culpable to one degree or another and it was Stapleton and the local board who allowed wages rise to completely insane proportions of turnover.

Wrathall to his credit did at least put his hand in his pocket when things went pear shaped. What did the Chairman do apart from raid the Trust money knowing it couldnt be paid back?

I wonder what Peter Jones would say about Stapleton returning.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
So you're saying that PS should never attend Home Park again, despite being an Argyle fan?

Jesus, that's a bit harsh.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
IJN":91c9z9wc said:

:iagree:

I'm not sure I'll ever forgive him for that ridiculous episode with Seip and Blackpool though.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
IJN":1h4um6bd said:

ian.paul stapleton is the same as us green bloods.he has been a fan since birth like we have.let's welcome his season ticket purchase.he is not a personal friend but i have met him a couple of times when i was still doing away matches and i can tall you he loves the club as much as any of us.

IJN":2a66y0fp said:
So you're saying that PS should never attend Home Park again, despite being an Argyle fan?

Jesus, that's a bit harsh.

I didnt say that and he is as free as anyone to attend games as long as he pays like the rest of us.

I objected to the claim that the blame was squarely on the shoulders of Todd and the Japanese.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Let's put it this way, it's my opinion that without the influence off Todd and the Japanese, we would not have gone into Admin.

It was the lure of big money and the 'New Workd' that made certain people take there eye off the ball.