Adams gives financial support to Argyle Community Trust | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adams gives financial support to Argyle Community Trust

Ken Beale

♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
Sep 10, 2012
Top man, well done boss you are a credit to the club.

Feb 9, 2013
I have several observations on this matter:
Since retiring just over five years ago, I have served as Argyle's representative on Devon FA. Amongst other duties in this role, I sit on their Disability Committee. The experience gained has opened up my eyes to an aspect of the game that I never before really either understood or appreciated.
Argyle's Ability Counts squad is one of about a dozen similar set-ups spread across the length and breadth of Devon, many of them run entirely by volunteers. About once a month these squads meet up on a Sunday for a tournament. The players really do enjoy their games - for them, their games are like Cup Finals, as witness the celebrations whenever they score a goal.
Because of their disabilities, most of the players are on benefits and struggle to find the cash to pay the cost of attending training sessions, so Derek Adams' very generous gesture is really, really helpful.
Argyle are also very fortunate to have someone like Mickey McCloskey to act as lead coach for this group.
On a Sunday a few weeks ago I watched them play a series of games at Goals against an able-bodies group of Devon & Cornwall Police Officers, who for the purpose of the exercise were required to adopt various restrictions. I was extremely impressed by the way in which Mickey and the other coaches related to the players and were able to patiently guide and encourage the players.
Pasoti has an enviable reputation as the site that keeps on giving. Perhaps sympathetic consideration could be given to raising funds to help the other volunteer-run Ability Counts squads in the remainder of the County?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
We'll have a chat about that at Coach Road Gordon. We'd love to help out.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
What a fantastic gesture!

I don't always agree with Adams' decisions on the team but there is no denying he is a top bloke and loves the game of football!

E

Electronic

Top class from the man in charge. Great commitment to the cause.

Mar 20, 2008
I can only echo what Gordon said

My son was playing in the game against D and C Police and had a great time, his goal even made the Herald coverage of the event. The Tuesday night squads have really appreciated the visit from the ‘managemnt’. The gesture of paying for the training sessions was unexpected and gratefully received

Hats off to Mr Adams for doing something really special

Sep 17, 2017
It is a decent gesture and should be applauded,

But to be controversial....

‘Maybe he could cover the wages of the deadwood he invested in the transfer market also’

Oct 21, 2015
PilgrimZ1R":2eh9pl1s said:
It is a decent gesture and should be applauded,

But to be controversial....

‘Maybe he could cover the wages of the deadwood he invested in the transfer market also’

Clumsy attempt to highjack what is a good news thread ...back on topic , a genuinely decent gesture by DA ... well done ! :clap:

Just seen this. Brilliant stuff DA. My utmost respect to him for doing such good things when he must be under
so much pressure at the moment.
And well done to argyle in the community too with josh grant mentioned there in the article.
I assume that is the same josh grant who was previously a youth player with us and
is now banging in the goals for tavi?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Fat_green_belly":1zeef40w said:
Just seen this. Brilliant stuff DA. My utmost respect to him for doing such good things when he must be under
And well done to argyle in the community too with josh grant mentioned there in the article.
I assume that is the same josh grant who was previously a youth player with us and
Certainly is.

Keepitgreen":3i58qjje said:
Fat_green_belly":3i58qjje said:
Certainly is.
Thanks for that keepitgreen. I have just checked his online tavi biography to make sure.
Manu supporter though....grrrr.
Only joshing josh.
Keep up the good work in your job and lots and lots and lots of good luck to DA in his.