51 Points? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

51 Points?

Feb 5, 2015
Saturday's result gives me optimism.

Plus, Shrewsbury were in a similar position to us at this point last season (albeit a couple of points more) and they hit 51 points, and finished 18th.

We're not bad enough to go down imho - we'll finish somewhere between 20th and 16th.

Aug 23, 2009
Southway
Steve Evans":2j45xmp6 said:
i think we can achieve this target particularly with the signing of toumani.when ryan and oscar return we will have a much stronger and able side and toumani will galvanise the other midfielders in my opinion.we will get a draw at blackburn and win next saturday.

Totally agree , plenty of positives to take out of saturdays match and even in the games we’ve had players sent off and been beaten we’ve competed .

Still , much easier for the keyboard warriors to be negative .

Apr 9, 2011
No chance especially if we keep the same management team in place for much longer. 6 points adrift already where are the goals going to come from for all these wins we will need?

Feb 8, 2005
I couldn't see us scoring last year either, but we nearly got promoted as Champions.

I tend to agree with those that can see improvement, and have confidence that we will avoid the drop, but we sure are getting a load of injuries at the wrong time.

Apr 5, 2008
Tugboat":18w1rg4s said:
The question is how long can Adams go on for before it’s too late? Surely we hit a point of no return with regards to making a change that’ll give the next man enough time to realistically do something barring a miracle.

For me we’re at the pivotal moment where if we go on too much longer the damage will be irreversible.

Improvement on Saturday was encouraging and the next match holds the key for me in the Adams managerial conundrum

Worst ever start to a season and 6 points from safety.I would think he needs to win one of his next two games to keep his job.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
dhsboy":28659u5i said:
In order to achieve over 50 points, which over the past 20 years has been enough to avoid relegation, we have to win more games than we lose from now on. Or about 4 points from every 3 games. Keep the faith - ‘Gyles can do it ...... errr, can’t they?

Do we? 33 games left.
Win 13
draw 6
Lose 14
That gives us 45 points and 51 points in total

A little pedantic I know but it won't be easy that's for sure. At least it's a football thread rather than a 20 page playground discussion.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
GreenLDN":2r1ins1o said:

Plus, Shrewsbury were in a similar position to us at this point last season (albeit a couple of points more) and they hit 51 points, and finished 18th.

We're not bad enough to go down imho - we'll finish somewhere between 20th and 16th.

So ... would you like to name the four teams, worse than us, who are going down? :think:

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Pogleswoody":2l4u43gm said:
GreenLDN":2l4u43gm said:

So ... would you like to name the four teams, worse than us, who are going down? :think:
Who cares? - 51 points (or probably just 50) is all WE need. Don't care about anyone else. For a punt though I'd say Wimbledon, Gillingham, Northampton, Rochdale, MK Dons and Southend. Perm any four.

Feb 5, 2015
Ave_IT":1ctkej41 said:
Pogleswoody":1ctkej41 said:
GreenLDN":1ctkej41 said:

Who cares? - 51 points (or probably just 50) is all WE need. Don't care about anyone else. For a punt though I'd say Wimbledon, Gillingham, Northampton, Rochdale, MK Dons and Southend. Perm any four.

Yeah I'd agree with the first four you have suggested, and perhaps would include Oldham in that discussion. I think Dons and Southend will be fine.

Worth bearing in mind we have played 8 of the current top 12, and after Blackburn, that will be 9.

I honestly believe that, over the next few weeks when we play those around us, we will quickly rise up towards mid-table.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
beregreen":2nyggv8o said:
Steve Evans":2nyggv8o said:
i think we can achieve this target particularly with the signing of toumani.when ryan and oscar return we will have a much stronger and able side and toumani will galvanise the other midfielders in my opinion.we will get a draw at blackburn and win next saturday.

Totally agree , plenty of positives to take out of saturdays match and even in the games we’ve had players sent off and been beaten we’ve competed .

Totally unnecessary, this site is all about opinions, makes you sound like the Emperor Nero.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Two of the next four games are away against what are considered top sides in this league. Other than that, and away to Rotherham in December, we have a decent run of fixtures going into the new year. I think we'll know either way by then.

Aug 23, 2009
Southway
justanotherfan":3sd1o2h9 said:
beregreen":3sd1o2h9 said:
Steve Evans":3sd1o2h9 said:

Totally unnecessary, this site is all about opinions, makes you sound like the Emperor Nero.

Just my opinion !

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
need to get a win on the board soon,if not tomorrow then Saturday. Otherwise we are looking to need to win every other game until the end of the season to get 51points.......tall order bearing in mind we have only won once so far this season...the club is staring relegation in the face.....

Feb 21, 2011
Unless we address the ponderous nature of our tactics I think we'll struggle to get anywhere near 51 points, Threkeld McCormick and Taylor will improve us but on the whole I'd argue this seasons crop of new signings are no better if not worse than what we let go.

A

andyr1963

GREEN TINT ALERT

51 points no problem. :scarf: (Brown tints seem to be really well spoken for, understandable given the league position.)

Manager has a long standing history of producing winning streaks, safely out of relegation zone before Round 2 of FA Cup safely mid table by Xmas.

May be approaching 65 points at end of season. :greensmile:

COME ON YOU GREENS :scarf: