4 offers on the table for a striker | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

4 offers on the table for a striker

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Argy1e":1syx0qzo said:
Pilgrim28":1syx0qzo said:
Two names I have heard mentioned are Brock-Madsen or Meite. Birmingham and Cardiff respectively, both loan offers.
Well Birmingham are terminating Brock-Madsen's contract so that's not correct.

It may have been correct when Pilgrim28 heard of it .

Jan 27, 2012
Lambert could be one. He fits the bill really- a big target man who can also hit the back of the onion net. Plus he is experienced at League One level (although possibly a bit past it). Who knows ?

Nov 22, 2006
samjones":3hzdtsb4 said:
Sounds like desperation now, but I can confirm I'm not 1 of the 4 made an offer as yet

Thank Christ for that, the last thing we need is some idiot who doesn't even seem to understand the game playing upfront, thanks for putting all our minds at rest bud

Apr 12, 2010
Solihull
Pilgrim28":2ja2lauj said:
Two names I have heard mentioned are Brock-Madsen or Meite. Birmingham and Cardiff respectively, both loan offers.

I'm with three Birmingham fans now and they just almost laughed me out of the pub at the mention of Brock-Madsen.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
DartingtonPilgrim":e7kz3457 said:
Argy1e":e7kz3457 said:
Pilgrim28":e7kz3457 said:

Of course it may have been, but he seems to post quite frequently about what he's heard and nothing has come of any of it so far.

Apr 30, 2017
Argy1e":1vst6nbu said:
DartingtonPilgrim":1vst6nbu said:
Argy1e":1vst6nbu said:
Pilgrim28":1vst6nbu said:

Of course it may have been, but he seems to post quite frequently about what he's heard and nothing has come of any of it so far.
The one rumour that I said I had heard about was spot on which was Ness. Others were from Twitter and various sites which I have seen. Difference and potentially deserve an apology.

Aug 5, 2016
ArgyleGarg0yle":mziisb1b said:
Argy1e":mziisb1b said:
Pilgrim28":mziisb1b said:

The offers, as quoted by Adams could refer to transfer bids, loan offers, or in fact contracts to out of contract players. No where does it specify, offers to clubs. Brock-Madsen could well be one of them.

I was about to come here to say, I'd hope one offer might be for Matt Godden, but I've since read Charlton are reportedly offering £1.5m.

*football has officially gone crazy*

Young strikers who score goals in the Football League's lower divisions have always gone for decent money.

Adam Le Fondre
Dave Kitson
Jon Stead
Andre Gray

Etc.

Mar 14, 2009
Lambert's name mentioned again!! Just not sure what reality some fans are in, that say they support Argyle. It is way to expense for us to afford his wages. Even at the age of 35+.

I swear that some people must bury their head in the sand when supporting Argyle because your expections don't match up with the reality our club find themselves currently in.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Some people like to dream, some know a good finisher when they see one. Some, like Sam dream of being an argyle striker, I think its unfair to ridicule people on their personal thoughts. I think we will end up with a young inexperienced player that will offer pace and potential but alas no goals.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Knibbsworth":3cbgzosf said:
ArgyleGarg0yle":3cbgzosf said:
Argy1e":3cbgzosf said:
Pilgrim28":3cbgzosf said:

The offers, as quoted by Adams could refer to transfer bids, loan offers, or in fact contracts to out of contract players. No where does it specify, offers to clubs. Brock-Madsen could well be one of them.

I was about to come here to say, I'd hope one offer might be for Matt Godden, but I've since read Charlton are reportedly offering £1.5m.

*football has officially gone crazy*

Young strikers who score goals in the Football League's lower divisions have always gone for decent money.

Adam Le Fondre
Dave Kitson
Jon Stead
Andre Gray

Etc.

And former Argyle youngsters jettisoned?

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/f ... s-13440366

Having watched City v FC Twente recently, I suspect they will rest a number of their Saturdays winning team, but will still provide a stern test for Argyle

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Metal_Green_Mickey":slksuhbr said:
Lambert's name mentioned again!! Just not sure what reality some fans are in, that say they support Argyle. It is way to expense for us to afford his wages. Even at the age of 35+.

I swear that some people must bury their head in the sand when supporting Argyle because your expections don't match up with the reality our club find themselves currently in.

It could be that Lambert has earnt enough money during his career and now at his age just wants to play first team football so wages won't be a problem.

Despite that he won't be as fit as the Argyle players who have been doing double training sessions. Lambert might have been training somewhere but it will take him time to catch up.

It's rare for Adams to go public, his comments are also on the club website, so I think it's a public warning to his targets to hurry up and sign.
The new striker will probably be a youngster from a Premier League club.

Aug 5, 2016
Metal_Green_Mickey":1qok3t4g said:

Lambert doesn't exactly seem flush with offers himself at the moment.

He's 35 and clearly on the decline from his Cardiff City spell. If he drops a division there are only a few bigger clubs at this level who are more likely to afford him than us.