51 Points? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

51 Points?

Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
possible if the manager has confidence in the team, on Saturday when we scored the team was buzzing, and the crowd was buzzing, then he made the substitution and the team dropped off, and the crowds mood dropped.

Oct 31, 2015
andyr1963":2wxbc1y0 said:
GREEN TINT ALERT

51 points no problem. :scarf: (Brown tints seem to be really well spoken for, understandable given the league position.)

Manager has a long standing history of producing winning streaks, safely out of relegation zone before Round 2 of FA Cup safely mid table by Xmas.

May be approaching 65 points at end of season. :greensmile:

COME ON YOU GREENS :scarf:

Best post on here from tint. Love it. Not sure it will happen though:)

Apr 5, 2008
Around 90 points get you auto promotion ,if we can win around 25 out of 33 games and draw the rest we can still go up without the lottery of the play off

:scarf: e :scarf: :thumbs:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
moles40":3hfmug2f said:
Around 90 points get you auto promotion ,if we can win around 25 out of 33 games and draw the rest we can still go up without the lottery of the play off

:scarf:

Well, when you put it like that it sounds easy!!
Championship next season!! Waaahoooo!! :party: :scarf:

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
oddball":usegxlik said:
need to get a win on the board soon,if not tomorrow then Saturday. Otherwise we are looking to need to win every other game until the end of the season to get 51points.......tall order bearing in mind we have only won once so far this season...the club is staring relegation in the face.....
We would need to win every other game if we didn't draw a single one but that is highly unlikely. I agree though we face a struggle to stay up if we don't start picking up some wins very soon.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Last season Shrewsbury were in the bottom four for the first five months of the season including bottom of League One at the end of October and November but had a good second half of the season.
From the last 22 games of the season from January to April they won 8, drew 6 and lost 8 and finished in 18th place on 51 points, 2 points away from relegation.

It can be done, it will be tight and much will depend on the players we sign in January.

Aug 13, 2011
Well if we go through the season getting points at the current rate of 7 from 42 we will most probably go down. I think that's in fact obvious. So we need to do a lot better. But let's hope we can get our first win since Charlton tomorrow and press on from there. We are well overdue thumping a side 4 or 5 nil. Let's hope we can avenge that Wembley embarrassment.

Jan 10, 2006
Shanghai
gariboldi":10iapedm said:
Well if we go through the season getting points at the current rate of 7 from 42 we will most probably go down. I think that's in fact obvious. So we need to do a lot better. But let's hope we can get our first win since Charlton tomorrow and press on from there. We are well overdue thumping a side 4 or 5 nil. Let's hope we can avenge that Wembley embarrassment.

What?! When have we looked like scoring 4 or 5 goals (to nil no less)?!

You can’t just be ‘overdue’ it...you have to actually earn it, no?

Aug 13, 2011
Yes I was being pedantic. Ha ha!! The chances of a 4 or 5 nil are about as remote as us signing Messi but hey we are still overdue it in a factual if not realistic sense.... A 1-0 would suffice today!! I won't be greedy!

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
I think we need to start somewhere, from there it's anyone's guess how this season will turn out. Things haven't gone out way so far but surely we have to win at some point even if it's a complete fluke. Once we've got that win we have something to at least build on.

Hopefully today is that day but the key is getting that first win.

Aug 22, 2008
Chicago
I think that while this division does have that 'anyone can beat anyone' feel given some of the recent results, I think all we have to do from here on in is aim to have 1 point more or better goal difference than the team that are 4th from bottom. Frustratingly, the lower teams have all been picking up points, but as the season goes on, I think we will see the division split. I suspect there will be a mini league of about 8 teams that will all be in with a shout of relegation with 6 games to play. All we have to do is finish in the top half of those 8. We are 6 points behind that target with 31 games to play.

Setting targets of 50+ is overwhelming. At the moment, our target is to claw back 6. Being at the bottom, rather than the top, means that 3 points count for so much more if the teams around you are losing, rather than winning.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Chicago Green":3dbk9id6 said:
I think that while this division does have that 'anyone can beat anyone' feel given some of the recent results, I think all we have to do from here on in is aim to have 1 point more or better goal difference than the team that are 4th from bottom. Frustratingly, the lower teams have all been picking up points, but as the season goes on, I think we will see the division split. I suspect there will be a mini league of about 8 teams that will all be in with a shout of relegation with 6 games to play. All we have to do is finish in the top half of those 8. We are 6 points behind that target with 31 games to play.

Setting targets of 50+ is overwhelming. At the moment, our target is to claw back 6. Being at the bottom, rather than the top, means that 3 points count for so much more if the teams around you are losing, rather than winning.

But it's not just the 6 points, we then have to stay ahead of the 4 teams hopefully then below us.

The target is now 40 points from 30 games, by no means impossible but it means on average 4 points from each 3 games or win one / loose one / draw one for the rest of the season.

Oct 21, 2015
No matter how you try and work out the stats required for survival it comes down to one thing ...scoring goals!. Simplistic I know.
The bottom 5 clubs have scored the least goals. We aint going to survive playing the same tactics and with no recognised goalscorer. And before someone else says it..."no poo Sherlock" !