zubar rumour | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

zubar rumour

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
Mark Pedlar":2651x3qi said:
When he spoke to me and Ponty he said that he had met Stapes by chance somewhere and after a discussion about life in general had come to have a look at things and offer advice. He said that the "holiday" quote was "stupid" but I can't remember who he said had made it.

Wasn't it Keith Todd who said Ridsdale was here on 'walking holiday', Ridsdale merely confirmed that a bit later on.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Tavypilgrim":3dvj69zj said:
Mark Pedlar":3dvj69zj said:
When he spoke to me and Ponty he said that he had met Stapes by chance somewhere and after a discussion about life in general had come to have a look at things and offer advice. He said that the "holiday" quote was "stupid" but I can't remember who he said had made it.

Wasn't it Keith Todd who said Ridsdale was here on 'walking holiday', Ridsdale merely confirmed that a bit later on.

Yep, the holiday quote came from Todd.

Link.

But, despite Argyle's financial plight, executive director Keith Todd denied Ridsdale would become involved with the club.

He told Herald Sport at the time: "He (Ridsdale) is down in the West Country on holiday and asked if he could come along to the game. There is nothing more to it than that."

A

Anonymous

I have heard PR endorse that story though.

He swears that he asked for tickets and it was only when he was in the board room that Stapleton approached him for help.

G

Gareth Nicholson

IJN":34rcq47m said:

He swears that he asked for tickets and it was only when he was in the board room that Stapleton approached him for help.

Cheeky git! If he'd have paid to get in like everyone else he may not have been noticed.

A

Anonymous

Gareth Nicholson":3017ikfv said:
IJN":3017ikfv said:

Cheeky git! If he'd have paid to get in like everyone else he may not have been noticed.

He did say that when Argyle played at Ninian Park, there was a call, every year, around Christmas time, from PAFC to ask whether they (CCFC) could entertain about 14 of Stapleton's entourage. :lol:

Perhaps he was getting his own back.