Your top 5 movies | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Your top 5 movies

Feb 24, 2009
Paignton, Devon
Zulu...and then in no particular order

Life Of Brian
Saving Private Ryan
The Searchers
Die Hard or Lethal Weapon (John McClane or Martin Riggs, can't make my mind up:))

I see Shawshank Redemption has made a lot of peoples list. I have the disc but have never watched it as I'm told it has a very sad ending and as someone who can blubber at the drop of a hat, my hand hovers but then moves on when selecting a film to watch. I will get round to it one day :cry:

Aug 30, 2016
Peverell
Zulu...and then in no particular order

Life Of Brian
Saving Private Ryan
The Searchers
Die Hard or Lethal Weapon (John McClane or Martin Riggs, can't make my mind up:))

I see Shawshank Redemption has made a lot of peoples list. I have the disc but have never watched it as I'm told it has a very sad ending and as someone who can blubber at the drop of a hat, my hand hovers but then moves on when selecting a film to watch. I will get round to it one day :cry:
I don't think you need to fear a sad ending. True, there is one very sad moment late in the film but for the two principal characters there is a happy ending. Go for it, it's a great film.

Reactions: Mark58

BDW

Apr 15, 2023
The Godfather
The Shawshank Redemption
Raiders iof the lost ark
Three Amigos
Marathon Man

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Just watched the brilliant 'Detectorists' yet again on BBC2 tonight ( see other thread on top TV shows 🙂) - reminded me of another hugely enjoyable movie they alluded to that I could happily watch over and over .... 'Witness' .... OK Hollywood hokum for sure but superbly done and one of those to just go with and enjoy

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2006
Plymouth
1 As good as it gets.
2 Silence of the lambs
3 Maverick
4 Shindlers list
5 O brother where art thou?

Some great films in this thread that I'd forgotten.

Jack Nicholson in my first choice delivers some of the best one liners in his own inimitable style, but it also has a theme very close to my heart.

Reactions: American Pilgrim

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
It wouldn't make my top 5, but Signora Pint and I watched 'White Noise' starring Adam Driver on Netflix last night.
Thoroughly enjoyable, often hilarious and filmed in what I thought was a novel and clever way. A few of the scenes were stunning. Great closing track by LCD Soundsytem as well. Recommended

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
It wouldn't make my top 5, but Signora Pint and I watched 'White Noise' starring Adam Driver on Netflix last night.
Thoroughly enjoyable, often hilarious and filmed in what I thought was a novel and clever way. A few of the scenes were stunning. Great closing track by LCD Soundsytem as well. Recommended
LCD Soundsystem, now that’s a decent band!

Reactions: Bernie Bernbaum