Your best April Fools, given or received. | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Your best April Fools, given or received.

I got into some trouble in the early seventies. Decimalisation had just been introduced, and older work colleagues were still arguing and puzzling over the new currency. On April 1st I sent a memo to all my staff informing them we were working to the new decimal clock, replacing the old 24 hour clock, as per the new government directive. 24 hours were to be replaced by 10 new hours, with each new hour equalling 2.4 of the old hours. So, the working day would start at 4.00 am new hours, and finish at 8pm new hours, and I listed new lunch hours etc.

It was such an obvious April fool that I was staggered when a deputation entered my office complaining that all staff were up in arms, and said they’d checked all over and no other company was following these silly new EU rules. Later I was invited/commanded to visit the MD’s office to explain myself!

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Used to manage a dental practice. Bought a pack of Oreo's, took them apart, scraped the filling out and replaced it with toothpaste. Put the biscuits back together, left them in the staff room and waited!

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
I'm still proud of Exsoti!

Reactions: smudja

smudja

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
RAF, 1st April heating was always turned off for single accommodation. Female that I worked with complained of being cold and wanted to speak to barrack warden about getting heaters. He was on leave so I created a memo from him. Told her all heaters in stores were for married quarters in case their heating failed and she couldn't have one. Gave her a couple of catalogue numbers for heaters in argos and told her to go and buy one!

Had to come clean when she wanted to rip his head off! Typical St Budeaux maid!