Youngsters | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Youngsters

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
in the case of fletcher he has clearly bulked up,a great effort.cameron sangster is going to be one of those lucky so and so's that don't gain a lot of weight very much like the outstanding kevin summerfield for example.

Jul 6, 2011
Knibbsworth":13nvwgr8 said:
Pele10":13nvwgr8 said:
DA will not play them...simple. Brentford is the way 100% as the system now seems like a PR exercise.

For the record, there is talent in their (concur with Steve Evans regarding Garside, but surely Fletcher and Battle should be on the bench), just unfortunately we are a graveyard for youth development... :crazy:

The last SWPL match we lost and moaned that they were a bit too robust for our young honest lads.

Now in this thread I've read that Mike Cooper, Jordan Bentley, Luke Jephcott, Rio Garside, Cameron Sangster, Alex Battle, Alex Fletcher and Klaidi Lolos deserve runs in the first team.

I really don't think some appreciate the massive jump in pace, power and athleticism that is required. If Ivybridge and Callington are a bit feisty, I don't think they'll enjoy playing Doncaster, Bradford and Burton Albion.

What was the score against Gillingham away last season when we had Fletcher, Battle and Sangster playing together? I saw that performance and it was lads against men without the Roy of the Rovers ending.

I don't accept that, and no one is or has said about filling the first team with kids, I personally would like to see Fletcher start with Taylor and maybe even Battle on the bench.
I've seen them perform and for me on the whole they look good and able.

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
I too watched the Gillingham game and Fletcher was absolutely schooled by their journeyman centre half. A typical lower league strong bruiser. The one thing I liked about Fletcher was his movement that game.
These days kids have to really stand out in the day to day hustle and bustle to get a game. It has ever been thus. There would be nothing more brilliant to have our next homegrown hero.
All the while these lads don't play their stock rises. Strange old game innit