You can change one rule in football …. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

You can change one rule in football ….

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Something has to be done about all the jostling around the goal mouth at every single corner resulting in a stoppage of play whilst the ref sorts it out(sort of). Don’t ask me what tho.
For this one I would make it that an offence can be committed as soon as the whistle has been blown to take the kick rather than the moment it has been taken.

May 16, 2016
Throw ins not taken from where the ball went out.

Clamp down on the increasing number of foul throws or do away with any rules on how their taken. It's doing my nut in.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Goal line technology after being robbed Coventry (away)

If it can be used in Cup Competitions & PL why can't the Championship have the benefit of it

Oct 10, 2018
Mic the refs, cards for ANY dissent.

Also, immediate red cards for any GK trying to play ridiculous mind games for a penalty. That Villa and Argentina keeper is an utter tool and the epitome of bad sportsmanship. It just shouldn't be permitted.

Either have VR throughout the leagues, or bin it entirely, preferably the latter, SH stated his and my feelings perfectly on his latest pod cast.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
So, reading through this thread, it seems obvious to me that there isn't too much actually wrong with the game itself.
None of the ideas put forward are really ground-breaking or game-changing.
It just needs a vast improvement with the officiating it seems. And yes, get rid of VAR. Apart from the fact it hasn't improved the game, it is also not right to have something at one level and not all the others. It's a bit like having goalposts with nets in the prem, just goalposts in the championship and jumpers even further down (waits for a flood of Ron Manager quotes :ROFLMAO:).

Jan 29, 2010
plymouth
So, reading through this thread, it seems obvious to me that there isn't too much actually wrong with the game itself.
None of the ideas put forward are really ground-breaking or game-changing.
It just needs a vast improvement with the officiating it seems. And yes, get rid of VAR. Apart from the fact it hasn't improved the game, it is also not right to have something at one level and not all the others. It's a bit like having goalposts with nets in the prem, just goalposts in the championship and jumpers even further down (waits for a flood of Ron Manager quotes :ROFLMAO:).
marvelous wasn't it hmmm.

• Haha
Reactions: Lousy Pint
Sep 17, 2011
Wheal Friendship, Mary Tavy
Get rid of throw ins. Modern players at all levels are beyond poor at them. Nobody shows for them and possession is wasted. Have a five yard ‘pass in’ or similar. Or defended at five yard crosses if in line or within the final third, so as to replicate the dreaded Rory Delap-esque long throw.
This was tried in the Isthmian league, I'm guessing 25-30 years ago. Remember seeing an Aylesbury v Sutton United match which ended 3-3. Kicking the ball into touch in your own half was a real liability as it was like conceding a free kick.

Nov 13, 2006
Plympton St M
Cup competitions are always more exciting when lesser teams get to the quarter finals and beyond. In the FA Cup Premier League teams have to play one player less per league difference between their opponents if a lower league. So against a Championship team they can play only ten players, League one, nine and so on.

Reactions: Joe Totale
Oct 10, 2018
Booking.playe4s for.not.puting the ball inside the corner flag segment, all this putting the ball on the line milarcy, bad job if you cant kick a standing ball 20 yds into the box.

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
Cup competitions are always more exciting when lesser teams get to the quarter finals and beyond. In the FA Cup Premier League teams have to play one player less per league difference between their opponents if a lower league. So against a Championship team they can play only ten players, League one, nine and so on.
Whilst we are in Fantasy land , how about giving Non league teams a 3 goal advantage , League 2 teams 2 goals etc etc.