Wow! ... Dortmund fans' - my mistake | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Wow! ... Dortmund fans' - my mistake

Wow indeed. Reminds me of Italian clubs and their special monster flags dedicated to the opposition. Apparently at a Naples-Verona game Naples held up a flag saying ‘Juliet was a whore’, and Verona’s flag said ‘May Vesuvius erupt and bury you and your families’ . Very friendly!

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Wow indeed. Reminds me of Italian clubs and their special monster flags dedicated to the opposition. Apparently at a Naples-Verona game Naples held up a flag saying ‘Juliet was a whore’, and Verona’s flag said ‘May Vesuvius erupt and bury you and your families’ . Very friendly!
Yes, there is no love lost between Napoli and the clubs from the rich north. They really do hate each other

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Sorry all my mistake with the OP...

The Dortmund fans were NOT having a pop at Newcastle's morally dubious, state-sponsored Sports-washing ownership .... well not directly.

The protest was aimed at FIFA & UEFAs naked greed & corruption - provoked by their latest tawdry wheeze to expand the CL group stage to 36 teams. The three figures also in the photo are Infantino, Agnelli (former Juve President) and the PSG President. They delayed the game by throwing fake money and gold bars onto the pitch.

Impressive stuff .... that takes some serious organisation. 👏

Jan 20, 2004
Impressive indeed, although sadly will not make a jot of difference. Protests everywhere, not just in football, are always ignored unless they bring the institution to a grinding halt, and then the powers to be try to criminalise them rather than take the message on board.

At least, so far in western society, we are still allowed to hold them, but for how long if certain individuals in power have their way.

Good on Dortman fans …..Reading et al.

Apr 16, 2016
Impressive indeed, although sadly will not make a jot of difference. Protests everywhere, not just in football, are always ignored unless they bring the institution to a grinding halt, and then the powers to be try to criminalise them rather than take the message on board.

At least, so far in western society, we are still allowed to hold them, but for how long if certain individuals in power have their way.

Good on Dortman fans …..Reading et al.
The power and love of football , not Fifa, is incredible. Regimes and philosophies , wars and ideologies come and go , football remains. Fans remain. Kids kick balls the world over. I have more confidence in the future of football than in the future of the country and indeed the west - although we probably have different views on what groups pose the biggest threat to our declining health. And if we hate the corruption of Uefa / Fifa we can still go Argo and if that gets corrupted we can go non-league or even kids football- as long as we aint banged up in gaol for thoughtcrime. Removed by Site Admin - Far too political for this site.

Last edited by a moderator: