Wigan fans verdict on Argyle | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Wigan fans verdict on Argyle

Apr 29, 2016
samjones":3806rtmt said:
Easy to be nice when you have the 3 pts in the bag ! Bet they were laughing their heads off inside though.

For all our possession we never looked like scoring in open play. Did their keeper have a save to make ?

Wigan didn't play their best and still won at a canter and that's why they are at the top of the league and we are still perilously close to the relegation zone.

Massive game against Oldham now where we simply need the 3 pts as I can see us getting the same as the wigan against Bradford and Shrewsbury. Be lucky with 3 pts from the 4 games IMHO and anything less will drag us right down in the mire again even if we are playing better

Omg you do talk a load of rubbish at times. Did their keeper have a save to make was your question? The answer is yes, four actually, the same as Matthews had to save! We additionally had one more shot off target. They won at a canter you say? What with 42% of possession and half the number of corners? Pah what a load or drivel.

We were beaten yes, and we move forward, but as their manager said we outplayed them on Saturday. That was the best that we have played all season and to achieve that level of performance against the top of the table was no mean feat

A few matches ago I can remember people saying that earning points wasn't the most important thing it was playing enjoyable, watchable football, now we are playing better and being edged by the top of the table you would have thought that many people would now be happier. Sometimes you just cant win and some people aren't happy unless they are unhappy!!

Jul 3, 2013
samjones":2u8m61u9 said:
Easy to be nice when you have the 3 pts in the bag ! Bet they were laughing their heads off inside though.

For all our possession we never looked like scoring in open play. Did their keeper have a save to make ?

Wigan didn't play their best and still won at a canter and that's why they are at the top of the league and we are still perilously close to the relegation zone.

Massive game against Oldham now where we simply need the 3 pts as I can see us getting the same as the wigan against Bradford and Shrewsbury. Be lucky with 3 pts from the 4 games IMHO and anything less will drag us right down in the mire again even if we are playing better

Comeeeeeeeedian!!

Aug 2, 2011
philmeboots":ldr9nk8n said:
samjones":ldr9nk8n said:

Omg you do talk a load of rubbish at times. Did their keeper have a save to make was your question? The answer is yes, four actually, the same as Matthews had to save! We additionally had one more shot off target. They won at a canter you say? What with 42% of possession and half the number of corners? Pah what a load or drivel.

We were beaten yes, and we move forward, but as their manager said we outplayed them on Saturday. That was the best that we have played all season and to achieve that level of performance against the top of the table was no mean feat

A few matches ago I can remember people saying that earning points wasn't the most important thing it was playing enjoyable, watchable football, now we are playing better and being edged by the top of the table you would have thought that many people would now be happier. Sometimes you just cant win and some people aren't happy unless they are unhappy!!

Spot on, so many on here moaning that we historically played boring football and they would rather lose and play attractive football. Well you got that last Saturday. Although I loved the way we played on Saturday I would be happier if we had collected 3 points and looked a little less appealing on the eye.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Presto":1k6s6hp1 said:
philmeboots":1k6s6hp1 said:
samjones":1k6s6hp1 said:

Spot on, so many on here moaning that we historically played boring football and they would rather lose and play attractive football. Well you got that last Saturday. Although I loved the way we played on Saturday I would be happier if we had collected 3 points and looked a little less appealing on the eye.

I can't disagree with Presto on this one. My drive home and indeed my weekend is a whole lot better if we win, and I don't care how particularly. Nice football to watch is for the telly and for other teams that I care not a jot for. Argyle is my team and I wish them to win first, play great football second.
That said, as with a lot of posters, I was not too disappointed after the game. We played well and competed well.
1 V 3 was very harsh on us.

Oct 31, 2015
Id rather play like we have recently and win. Please dont bring back the dire 10 behind the ball crap unless its really required. 90 minutes on Saturday flew by.

Playing like that might keep us safe. 10 behind the ball will place us back in the bottom 4

Feb 8, 2005
rsp4":1w5c1bb1 said:
Id rather play like we have recently and win. Please dont bring back the dire 10 behind the ball crap unless its really required. 90 minutes on Saturday flew by.

Playing like that might keep us safe. 10 behind the ball will place us back in the bottom 4

You'd rather lose 1-3 than get a point or three defending?

Horses for courses, I suppose!

C

Charles Plym

samjones":m7zxx27t said:

i actually dont think you believe what you post . (The preface of this line was removed by Site Admin. Let's keep the abuse down to a minimum eh?).

G

Greenskin

Charles.plym":3pckcs17 said:
samjones":3pckcs17 said:

i actually dont think you believe what you post .

Although i don't often agree with Mr Jones and his rather downbeat assessments,must say that he has a point about Saturdays game.From my perspective there was only one winner of that match after the equaliser and the fact that Sarcevic missed a golden opportunity not long before they wrapped the game up only emphasised the difference between the teams.Possession and corner stats are essentially an irrelevance,as Argyle have proved in the same way as Wigan so many times over the past couple of years,winning the most important moments is really the key issue.Wigan did exactly that by equalising immediately and scoring a second goal on the stroke of half time,thus inflicting two match winning body blows which is what promotion teams tend to do-they haven't won 10 away games this season by accident.As to the rest of the season,i think he is being rather negative and that Argyle will get enough wins and points to stay up but the loss of Toumani and the unfortunate [to say the least] absence of Ryan Edwards,who has developed into a very fine prospect and was badly missed on Saturday,are not factors to be taken lightly.