Who would come down here now | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who would come down here now

B

bandwagon

dollygray78":2ikd5luv said:
Ok so people want fletch out, Im in two minds about it, but you have to think, who would come down here and give it a go,

Timing is everything - the time to change has long gone!! With all the other things coming out of HP there's problably no cash to do anything now - I think he will keep him, even if the crowds drop below 4k!! The players themselves must be glancing at eachother and wondering what their next moves are!!

B

bizzay1

bandwagon":2gnvapc8 said:
The players themselves must be glancing at eachother and wondering what their next moves are!!

Think I saw some of them doing that during the game last night

Apr 23, 2006
Holsworthy
Sturrock decided he wanted to break into English management and applied for the job in similar circumstances.

I'm sure there'll be a few more that will fancy it that have been successful elsewhere.

B

bandwagon

bizzay1":3lpooqq7 said:
bandwagon":3lpooqq7 said:
The players themselves must be glancing at eachother and wondering what their next moves are!!

Think I saw some of them doing that during the game last night

Well you can bet your bottom dollar Bas is a gonner in the window - superb player, nothing phases him!! IMHO he's the best of a mediocre bunch!! :doh:

Jan 27, 2012
There are only 92 league clubs- most of them have managers ! There are lots of people who want to be football managers out there, so Argyle would represent a rare opportunity.

Plymouth are a big club for this league, so promotion is realistic which would look good on a manager's CV regardless of who you are. Even an experienced man. It's a great time to manage us- managing Argyle in the Championship is much more of a thankless task as it's more likely to be a relegation dogfight !

But until Fletcher gets the boot, I'm sticking by him. It's not all his fault- it's also about his backing.

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
Argyle is an attractive club for managers, look at those who've made a name for themsleves. Coming in when we're not bottom, have a few good players, some good youngsters & big development plans will be attractive to the right sort of manager.

Our problem is; how qualified are the clubs owners to select the right one to bring success?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Greenblooded1":2tmm05xo said:
Argyle is an attractive club for managers, look at those who've made a name for themsleves. Coming in when we're not bottom, have a few good players, some good youngsters & big development plans will be attractive to the right sort of manager.

Our problem is; how qualified are the clubs owners to select the right one to bring success?
a very good point.an "owner" that doesn't care and other employees he has put in place from his other businesses.it don't look too good does it?

Dec 7, 2006
Billy Davies, anyone? Would be a pretty good appointment and I can't see him putting up with any nonsense from our so-clled 'players'. After being out of work for a fair while he might just be ready to consider a lower league challenge like Argyle. Ditto Jim Magilton and wasn't Bruce Riocj rumoured to be interested in the job a while back?

Apr 23, 2006
Holsworthy
Steve Evans":20qg9xko said:
Greenblooded1":20qg9xko said:

a very good point.an "owner" that doesn't care and other employees he has put in place from his other businesses.it don't look too good does it?

That is harsh, he's a very good businessman that has put his trust into someone to do a job for him. He can't do his job properly, that's not a case of the owner not caring.

He's tried to give him time instead of having the Milan Mandaric approach.

I think winning a game gives Brent (and his family) as big a kick as the next fan. They've all got the bug now

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Billy Davies would be a great shout.

I honestly still believe we are a sleeping giant, in spite of our current plight.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
A sleeping giant that sleeping rough right now.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
legend":2t4zmsn4 said:
Steve Evans":2t4zmsn4 said:
Greenblooded1":2t4zmsn4 said:

That is harsh, he's a very good businessman that has put his trust into someone to do a job for him. He can't do his job properly, that's not a case of the owner not caring.

He's tried to give him time instead of having the Milan Mandaric approach.

I think winning a game gives Brent (and his family) as big a kick as the next fan. They've all got the bug now
if you believe that you will believe anything