Who will go down? | Page 18 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who will go down?

Bottom two

• Sheffield Wednesday

• Huddersfield Town

• Birmingham City

• Plymouth Argyle

• Blackburn Rovers

• Queens Park Rangers

• Stoke City

• Millwall

Results are only viewable after voting.

luko2006

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ PASALB Member
Mar 30, 2006
New Haw, Surrey
If you're all so convinced we're going down, there's easy money to be had at 8/1. They are reassuringly high odds, doesn't mean we're not going to go down but does show we're looking at this through understandably pessimistic goggles.

I'm just pretending we lost to Leicester and beat Stoke, things feel a lot better then :ROFLMAO:
I must admit I have put £10 on the 8/1 odds, mainly because I never wins any bets involving Argyle so hoping the trend continue!

Jul 12, 2016
If you're all so convinced we're going down, there's easy money to be had at 8/1. They are reassuringly high odds, doesn't mean we're not going to go down but does show we're looking at this through understandably pessimistic goggles.

I'm just pretending we lost to Leicester and beat Stoke, things feel a lot better then :ROFLMAO:
I did bet on Argyle being relegated years ago on the basis that if they were the money would pay for a ST in a lower league. Thankfully they stayed up. Might be worth a punt at 8/1 this time.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
I fear we will be the team that drops into the relegation zone on the last day having never been there all season.

To think I was more concerned about the second season syndrome - where teams struggle and go down in their second season in a league!

Apr 22, 2019
Still Wednesday and Huddersfield for me, I still think with the fixtures for everyone that it has fallen nicely for us
Steady, that’s far too positive a post for this thread!

I still think Argyle will do enough themselves to stay up but there’s also the chance that others will fail to capitalise if they don’t, so it’s a double whammy of opportunity for me.😁

Oct 23, 2013
So many possibilities... but yes looking at things objectively we are not on the Titanic yet and as one poster recently reminded me we have picked up a few points recently.

Meanwhile I have actually spent the whole morning feeling really optimistic that by Saturday tea time we will be fine. Doesn't mean anything I know. Probably just last night's curry doing strange things to my digestive system.

Apr 22, 2019
The wages from League One last year are quite telling on this point, even if Argyle's total has doubled since that time it's still less than Ipswich spent to get into the Championship.

The correlation between wage bills and league positions seems to be pretty strong in this division, so there was always going to be an Everest look about
I think there’s a strong correlation between wages and success/failure in most leagues. Strangely, the same doesn’t seem to apply to the cost of assembling squads in the first place.

I wonder if the Argyle hierarchy‘s persuasive skills include being able to attract players at wages below market rate?!

Jon with no H

🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
I think there’s a strong correlation between wages and success/failure in most leagues. Strangely, the same doesn’t seem to apply to the cost of assembling squads in the first place.

I wonder if the Argyle hierarchy‘s persuasive skills include being able to attract players at wages below market rate?!
It seems much stronger in this league than the one below, at least it appears Charlton keep suggesting it every year at the moment!

Jan 4, 2016
Really???

The players have bust a gut to get 7 points from the last four games, it seems an astonishing comment to say they're not giving their all after one incredibly poor half of football.
Minor correction - I didn't say they weren't giving their all. And I thought the performance against Leicester was exemplary. But what gets me and bemused me, was the performance at Stoke. Admittedly all comments based purely on reading PASOTI and one game live👍

May 11, 2023
Form over the last 10 games - 15 points Sheff Wed, Stoke, QPR, 10 points Blackburn, 8 points Birmingham and Argyle, 7 points Huddersfield. If we lose tomorrow looks as though we will deserve to be in the bottom three. Massive match. COYG

CarolinaGreen

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
Form over the last 10 games - 15 points Sheff Wed, Stoke, QPR, 10 points Blackburn, 8 points Birmingham and Argyle, 7 points Huddersfield. If we lose tomorrow looks as though we will deserve to be in the bottom three. Massive match. COYG
I dunno.. I think referees have stolen about 8 or so points from us this season.

Dec 17, 2016
Sadly yes, even the band on the titanic kept on playing until the bitter end.
What's worrying me is that when the Titanic went down, women and children were given priority for places in the limited no. of lifeboats. - unfortunately, last time I checked, all the Argyle players are men.....