When was the last time... (postponed game) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

When was the last time... (postponed game)

Sep 25, 2003
Carbis Bay
I remember there was a game at home to Hull called off in the late 90s(?)... might have been when Hateley was manager?

We’d driven up in the rain from Penzance and it was only when we were walking to the ground we found out when a guy was coming the other way and said ‘games off meht’!

Jan 30, 2017
2005, home Tuesday night Championship fixture against Preston was postponed due to frozen pitch. Can't recall one later than that.

Oct 14, 2015
I also remember getting a train from Welwyn to Darlington and the weather was fine but got to Darlington and it was cold and snowing. Game was called off and as I was booked on the 5:30pm train back I had to hang around the town all day. In the 90s sometime

Dec 29, 2011
Remember an Argyle game at the old Baseball ground being called off for fog near to kick-off .One of the best footballing trips of my life as I was able to spend the whole afternoon in the Brunswick Tavern outside Derby station .If I remember correctly nobody seemed too worried the game was off .

Nov 6, 2006
I remember going to Newcastle and got to the last service station on at A1M and police boarded both coaches and said sorry the game is off !! Tried splitting coaches to go to Middlesborough their match was on but not enough takers! So home we went :mad: Then i went to the re-arranged match on a Tuesday night got to Scotch Corner and heavy snow, i thought not again but lucky the match survived. Not sure how many green army were in the crowd around 150 if i remember.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I met a Barnsley fan in their club shop earlier this season, he said "Just hope you're not 4 1 up and it get's called off eh" :lol:

Did an overnight coach trip from Oxford for that night game against Leicester. Clearly should never have started as it was so wet. Postponements at Home Park don't really spring to mind though. Got to both Rochdale and Darlington in the 01/02 season only for them to be called off.

M

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
crownhillpilgrim":339hkusu said:
r4h4al":339hkusu said:
I think the Barnsley game was abandoned and then postponed a couple of times.

I've never seen rain like I did on that day.

The bottom of central park was almost waist deep, it was crazy.

Jul 28, 2017
Yeovil away game just an hour or so before kick off due to a waterlogged pitch. Can’t recall the date but not that long ago.

lipsonlad67

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 17, 2016
Deepest Lincolnshire
I seem to recall a few years back, Doncaster away being called off on the day due to a frozen pitch on a particularly raw day. I think it was at the Keepmoat rather than at Belle Vue.