What is going on... I don’t understand | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

What is going on... I don’t understand

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
Are we in danger of over-egging Bradley's talents? He was good but also slow and not always great at distributing the ball. But he could score headers, which Edwards needs to do more of. Vyner was a class act for sure, more like Curtis Nelson. That's the kind of player we really miss.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Agreed Lesley, Vyner and Oscar are so badly missed, Sonny mmmm nowhere near as much.

I'm worried though, the lack of pace terrifies me, something I wasn't worried about last season.

Last season most of us were scratching our heads, this season it seems obvious what the trouble is.

Saying that IF GC10, Foxy and Ruben get back to form, I'd be less worried.

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
IJN":2gsfcnnr said:
Agreed Lesley, Vyner and Oscar are so badly missed, Sonny mmmm nowhere near as much.

I'm worried though, the lack of pace terrifies me, something I wasn't worried about last season.

Last season most of us were scratching our heads, this season it seems obvious what the trouble is.

Would help if all three were playing lol

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
It's interesting to see Preston and Ipswich in very similar situations to us currently in the Championship. Also both clubs who probably still consider themselves (like us) to be big fish in their league given their histories, but (like us) are outgunned by supposedly smaller clubs with richer benefactors.

Ipswich fans may be regretting hounding out Mick McCarthy, who achieved regular mid-table finishes with them on a relatively small budget.

Dec 3, 2005
After eight games we are probably the worst 3rd division side we have had. They are not the worst, they will be IF at the end of the season, we are relegated, we will be compared to the few Argyle teams that have been relegated from this division.

Dec 15, 2012
IJN":1di5q21y said:

There is pace in certain areas, he just chooses not to use it, with Moore and Smith-Brown on bench, same with Joel Grant.

I would be tempted to get Carey, Taylor Lameiras back as the front 3, Ladapo to run channels late in game. Midfield 3 of Ness, O’Keefe and J Grant would be a bit more mobile than our current set up. Smith Brown and Moore full backs with Sawyer and Edwards/Wooton as CB’s.

But we need more mobility for sure I can’t argue with that Ian.

Mar 6, 2011
London / Plymouth
IJN":17qsd1l4 said:

Agree with this Ian - I can't help but think Derek thought he could dip into the loan market again, less wages for a better quality of player (very much in the Vyner mould - what a player) but for whatever reason it didn't quite happen.

Toums last season made all the difference - I feel we need more than 1 player as it is now.