Website Problems Again On OS. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Website Problems Again On OS.

B

BG21

Would it help if I threw in the fact that one of the mods changed the title of the thread after OG's post?

It wasn't me of course but it makes for a lovely misunderstanding :lol:

G

greenscooby

How is it right that the Mods can change the title of threads? If it's offensive or contains bad language then fine i have no objection, but to change it to cause a misunderstanding is imho WRONG. Who decides what is right and what is wrong or should it be who decides what is a discussion or what is an argument(spelling)?

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Totally agree MC, made me look like a right fool. I need a few of these :stout: :stout:

B

BG21

Mark Clements":1y1a66wn said:
How is it right that the Mods can change the title of threads? If it's offensive or contains bad language then fine i have no objection, but to change it to cause a misunderstanding is imho WRONG. Who decides what is right and what is wrong or should it be who decides what is a discussion or what is an argument(spelling)?

Seriously???

From OG's post it was clear that there was confusion in which site the OP meant, once the confusion had been cleared up by the OP the thread title was changed to stop others getting confused in the same way OG did, nothing sinister. It wasn't done to cause misunderstanding, I thought it was ironic that the attempts to avoid misunderstanding in the end actually caused misunderstanding, I thought others could enjoy the irony with me and so I shared the joke but alas no, humour seems very much wasted on some :facepalm:

Next time I'll keep my mouth shut :sigh:

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
BG10":34vxyrgk said:
Would it help if I threw in the fact that one of the mods changed the title of the thread after OG's post?

It wasn't me of course but it makes for a lovely misunderstanding :lol:
:lol: you sure it wasnt you BG? :whistle:

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Just what i was thinking SG, good job he never comes on chat because i would ignore him.

A

Anonymous

Mark Clements":lwfed33y said:

Oh let's have another conspiracy and yet another go at mod bashing!

This is getting so fudging tiresome.

For once and for all - The original title of this thread read "Website Problems Again".

Got that so far, or have I lost you?

OG made his point about confusion that the OP COULD have implied that the problem was THIS website.

The thread title was changed in order to remove any confusion.

Got that?

No conspiracy. No tricks or attempts to undermine the original poster.

fudge me days!

I think I might just have had enough of all this poo!

G

greenscooby

Florrie Lindley":2gszdmcs said:
Mark Clements":2gszdmcs said:

Oh let's have another conspiracy and yet another go at mod bashing!

This is getting so flipping tiresome.

For once and for all - The original title of this thread read "Website Problems Again".

Got that so far, or have I lost you?

OG made his point about confusion that the OP COULD have implied that the problem was THIS website.

The thread title was changed in order to remove any confusion.

Got that?

No conspiracy. No tricks or attempts to undermine the original poster.

flip me days!

I think I might just have had enough of all this poo!

Mod bashing? Abosolutely not :banghead:

I just think that it's wrong the way it was mentioned that the thread title was changed by a Mod.

Surely if there was some confusion with the original title it's down to the OP to clear things up NOT a for mod to change the title.

How do we know that the title wasn't written that way on purpose (not that i'm saying it was)

Conspiracy theory? Well who knows, if we did it wouldn't be a conspiracy, BUT i firmly believe it's not.

I cannot believe how all this has got out of hand by me just posting that the title says it's not about this site, i was unaware that the title had been changed and therefore OG's post didn't stand right with me.

Got that? Or have I lost you? :silent:

A

Anonymous

i was unaware that the title had been changed and therefore OG's post didn't stand right with me.

Oh well never mind. I'll make sure that you're on the mailing list to make sure that post titles "stand right with you" first.

G

greenscooby

Florrie Lindley":rg2d9elk said:
i was unaware that the title had been changed and therefore OG's post didn't stand right with me.

Oh well never mind. I'll make sure that you're on the mailing list to make sure that post titles "stand right with you" first.

Do you actually know what the phrase "stand right with me" means?

If you did you wouldn't be so flippant with your response.

Also I did not say that the post title didn't stand right with me, i actually said that OG'S POST (NOT TITLE, GOT THAT? OR HAVE I LOST YOU AGAIN) didn't stand right with me.