Webcams 1 & 2 | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Webcams 1 & 2

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
9 steel sections put in so far, the first one is past the end of the grandstand, very close to the control room.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
The crane just left.

That driver can drive that thing! Must have only been an inch or two away from the corner of the dressing rooms, but he avoided it and the drain on the edge of the pitch.

:nworthy:

Oct 28, 2011
Nottingham
Biggs":18279cb6 said:
Jon did mention that any early bits of seating won't actually be available to use, so could be.

Wouldn't make much sense before putting the roof on though, with presumably lots of debris falling from that. Would look great though, and give us a handy visualisation of what it will actually look like.

Amazing how more 'complete' the whole stand would look with a few seats in the upper tier and the steel terracing in the lower. The prep work was probably more lengthy and difficult than the actual build.

Looking at pictures of the development of the new Spurs stadium and the Olympic stadium some seats were put in before the respective rooves were finished. For the redevelopment of the main stand at Anfield, looks like they did the roof first and then the seats.

So it looks like its not completely impossible that some seats/or some fittings at least could go in soon on the upper Mayflower (easier to lift things up there without a roof in the way?).

I must admit I thought Jon was talking about the lower Mayflower in his blog (for much the same reasons as yourself) but this seems like such a tightly run project that I was thinking that there must be a good reason for the pressure washing at this point. Perhaps an unsightly build up of seagull guano!

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
The crane returns along with a large delivery of steel this morning, should be a nice view from webcam 2 as they move on to the Barn Park end of the terrace

Heathrow Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
This morning you can see the posts that were put in place at the top of the terrace yesterday.

You could not really see them yesterday due to the glare.

Oct 28, 2011
Nottingham
Not much dramatic action today so far on the Mayflower terrace. Looks like they are focusing on tidying up the section closest to the Devonport that had the struts added a couple of days ago.

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
Argylegames":2y9f6e6n said:
Also in Webcam 2 you can see guys putting door frames into the dressing rooms.

Doors in now too by the looks of it, and plenty more boarding added to the roof now too. On the terrace itself just one more raker to go.

Heathrow Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
From cam 1 this morning you can see that the final raker was put into place yesterday.

That looks very close to the changing room wall and some of the seats are above wall height.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Heathrow Green":1r2b8d4g said:
That looks very close to the changing room wall and some of the seats are above wall height.

Why wouldn't they be? The GoS photos show the final support for the new steel is above and behind the retaining wall between the dressing rooms and the GT building. Just like the ends and back of the horseshoe I expect there will be cladding between the wall and the seats, and along the back.

Heathrow Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
Argylegames":lv28yvfi said:
Heathrow Green":lv28yvfi said:

Why wouldn't they be? The GoS photos show the final support for the new steel is above and behind the retaining wall between the dressing rooms and the GT building. Just like the ends and back of the horseshoe I expect there will be cladding between the wall and the seats, and along the back.

I think it was just surprise at actually seeing that final raker in place.

I do hope there is some cladding between the seats and wall.