We were always a Div 2/3 team (2nd/3rd tier) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

We were always a Div 2/3 team (2nd/3rd tier)

May 11, 2023
I think we need to be realistic. If we stay up next season will be an almighty struggle to avoid "doing a Rotherham" and going down. If we get relegated this time then, with a new Head Coach and need for a massive squad overhaul the best we can hope for next season is a season of stabilisation ready (I would hope) for another shot at promotion in 25/6.

Jun 28, 2018
We aren't done yet and we did have 6 seasons in Div 1/Championship when I was a student in mid to late 2000's. Although I agree we have been predominantly a Div 2/3 team through history but things can change and we need to dream.
Yea 2nd and 3rd tier

Sep 6, 2006
I think we need to be realistic. If we stay up next season will be an almighty struggle to avoid "doing a Rotherham" and going down. If we get relegated this time then, with a new Head Coach and need for a massive squad overhaul the best we can hope for next season is a season of stabilisation ready (I would hope) for another shot at promotion in 25/6.
We will have to spend big in the Summer either way. Cash in on Whittaker and build a stronger squad rather than relying on one or two inconsistent performers. Personally I would cash in on Hardie and Cooper too. Gibson will also be off if/when we go down so we'll get money there also.