We were always a Div 2/3 team (2nd/3rd tier) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

We were always a Div 2/3 team (2nd/3rd tier)

Jun 28, 2018
I know times have changed with all the money that has come into the game and people saying we are not ready for the championship,but what newer members of the Green Army may not realise is we were always a team that fluctuated between the old Div 2 and Div 3 and never until recently even played in the bottom division.
The last two times in the 2nd tier we latest a good few seasons,this season I just feel everything that could has gone wrong unfortunately

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Money men have ruined the beautiful game
We are run in a sustainable way which our Custodian will not deviate from
Birmingham on the other end have been run like a soap opera with Tom Brady rolling into town proclaiming he can save them yet they are below us in the league
Having money, spending obscene amounts of money does not guarantee success it is how you use your money which is the driver of success

Sep 28, 2022
What ya on about?
I'm saying that I feel we deserve to be in the championship but had no luck at all
Luck and money are, strangely enough, intertwined. The more money you have the luckier you become in the football world of today. I struggle to come to terms with the blind nievety of football fans sometimes. Maybe the tinted glasses syndrome kicks in. Unfortunately, like it or not, until finance to the order of £100 million + is somehow forthcoming, our "natural" league is now league division one. Now where are those green tinted glasses?.

• Snore
Reactions: Lancastergreen
Jul 24, 2006
Budapest
Or another way to look at it: the championship is our premier League and getting into the premier League would be akin to qualifying for Europe in terms of achievement Vs club size.

That's not a moan or lack of ambition just where I see us now. I hope and dream of staying up and doing what Millwall for example have achieved but currently we will do well to stay up and the same again next year.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
What ya on about?
I'm saying that I feel we deserve to be in the championship but had no luck at all
The thread title is negative. Ok - my response isn't directed solely at you but many others. Some haven't posted since February, and now all of a sudden they're putting their two-penneth in.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Just a dose of reality. No harm in dreaming but eventually you wake up and smell the roses.
Roses are giving off a pretty intense smell to be honest Oldage. My point was around those that choose only to highlight the negative. Things are bad enough!

Apr 11, 2023
We aren't done yet and we did have 6 seasons in Div 1/Championship when I was a student in mid to late 2000's. Although I agree we have been predominantly a Div 2/3 team through history but things can change and we need to dream.

Reactions: David Doidge
Jan 6, 2004
Money men have ruined the beautiful game
We are run in a sustainable way which our Custodian will not deviate from
Birmingham on the other end have been run like a soap opera with Tom Brady rolling into town proclaiming he can save them yet they are below us in the league
Having money, spending obscene amounts of money does not guarantee success it is how you use your money which is the driver of success
I am not sure you mean "our custodian will not deviate from" he does not wish to invest more himself it is true but he is actively looking for more investors to increase the playing budget to make us more competitive which will mean spending more than we earn like almost everyone else in the division.