We should have sold Whittaker (merged) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

We should have sold Whittaker (merged)

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Our main hope this Saturday in order to get a win is him. Whether it's a great assist or a blockbuster shot.

However, after this season for me for everyone's sake he must move on. As much as lve enjoyed Whittaker for the last 18 months (out of the two years he has been here) he goes AWOL for large periods of the game. That's why lm guessing Russell Martin never played him. Or Steve Cooper before him. They realised they brought one of the best left footed forwards in England but he is just physically weak. Not only on the ball, but very much off it. We can't carry somebody like Whittaker if we can't get him involved in the game. Yet for him to be involved he has to make more of an effort & lm just not sure it's there. Basically he is one of the most talented players lve seen in an Argyle shirt, but lm just not convinved he applies himself in games.

However, there is a case that since Azaz & Cundle has left he hasn't had the support around him in order to make those moments he has turn into anything substantial on the pitch. So l do take this on board but l don't see where all of a sudden we spending 2 million, like Middlesborough, to bring in that type of intelligent player. Some many think we will if we stay in the Championship next year.

I just think he has all the talent within him but l question his application. Really good players work hard too. Really good players grab games by the scruff of the neck & influence it.

I've really enjoyed watching him, yet even now lm still not sure if he is a wide player, a number 10 or just maverick who you can't tactically bog down with instructions.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
He’s what you’d call a luxury player, brilliant when he’s on form, but next to useless when he isn’t. The gamble is that he might produce something brilliant - which he has done many times - but if he doesn’t then he’s anonymous, I remember Ruben Lameiras being quite similar in that respect.

Reactions: Emeraldinho

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
He has lost his mojo since Finn left
He needs players around him who are on his wavelength to get the best out of him

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
I’d take Sporting Lisbons £20m and run if the offer comes in. In any case, I’m expecting to see Morgan in a green shirt for the final time on Saturday.

Belfast Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
I’d take Sporting Lisbons £20m and run if the offer comes in. In any case, I’m expecting to see Morgan in a green shirt for the final time on Saturday.
May I be the first of many to point out that Sporting play in green 💚

• Haha
Reactions: Harry

CarolinaGreen

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
I don't see how we get anything more than £10 million. And if we get relegated l think it will be closer to £5 million, than 10.
I've read the article and I find it mind-blowing that anyone would pay £20m in the summer, but wow wouldn't that be nice. No idea how accurate 'trigger the press' is.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
I find it quite ironic that fans (not just exclusive to Argyle) demand loyalty of players and managers and then threads like this appear when a player or manager goes through a bad patch.

Whether or not we see him for much longer he will bounce back. Hopefully this Saturday!

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
I've read the article and I find it mind-blowing that anyone would pay £20m in the summer, but wow wouldn't that be nice. No idea how accurate 'trigger the press' is.

If we got 20 million for him it would be the clubs greatest ever piece of business. Not just because it's 20 million, but because Argyle made 20 times what they brought him for.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
I find it quite ironic that fans (not just exclusive to Argyle) demand loyalty of players and managers and then threads like this appear when a player or manager goes through a bad patch.

Whether or not we see him for much longer he will bounce back. Hopefully this Saturday!

If you ever demand loyalty off a player or manager you might as well give us supporting your club. It won't happen. Money & ambition will always win. That's why many Argyle fans know we need further investment in order to grow.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
If we got 20 million for him it would be the clubs greatest ever piece of business. Not just because it's 20 million, but because Argyle made 20 times what they brought him for.
Minus Swansea cut

Reactions: MGM
Jan 6, 2004
If he had continued for the last third of the season as he had played in the first two thirds then £20m might have been possible. Not a chance now, I think £6-7m is more realistic. Love the guy, no man ever did more and gave up more to play for Argyle but for his sake and ours it is time for him to move on. He is a cavalier player and we are now very much roundheads.

Aug 29, 2012
As if we would even know how to spend 20 mill. Prob blow it all on todays equivalent of Steven Maclean and Simon Walton.

CarolinaGreen

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
As if we would even know how to spend 20 mill. Prob blow it all on todays equivalent of Steven Maclean and Simon Walton.
I think this club would spend it infinitely more wisely than that variant of Argyle did with Walton. We could pick up five 2m players with good championship pedigree, with the object of selling them on for more, keeping in mind we'd need to set aside some of that money for extra wages, and put the rest aside for January and the following Summer.