We don’t do mid-table | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

We don’t do mid-table

Feb 14, 2021
Over the past 15 seasons, we’ve been relegated three times, promoted three times, reached the play-offs twice, just missed out on them twice and just avoided relegation three times. The only seasons in which the last few games had nothing riding on them were 13/14 (when we finished 10th) and Covid season 20/21 (18th).

I wonder whether there are any other clubs with a similar recent record

Reactions: Deacster

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Yep and added to that stress, we‘ve required unusually high points totals to make it even more high pressure.

I’ve definitely found that weekends have been quite stressful and a defeat has put a dampener on the following week, given each game’s importance… which isn’t great for my/our sanity! If we can stay up, it would be lovely to have a boring mid-table consolidation season, but if we go down the the pressure will be on to come back up again.

Reactions: Mark58 and Deacster
I’ve been wondering exactly this. When I moved here in 1983 there had been a long spell of mid tier 3 obscurity, then with the arrival of Dave Smith I struggle to recall many years when we weren’t battling at one end or the other of whichever league we were in. Surely more so than any other club. Any stato out there have the answer?

In my regular arguments with my Tottenham and Arsenal supporting family members, I suggest to them that they will never experience the real highs and depths of despair from supporting a proper local club, and that this is much more enjoyable than their predictable fandom, but I know they think I’m deluded.

Jun 26, 2023
Times like these aren't great, but make the good times so much better. So much more fun than 'supporting' Man City, Liverpool etc.
Whatever happens we'll have our moment again