USA v England Tuesday 2nd July 8 PM. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

USA v England Tuesday 2nd July 8 PM.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Balham_Green":1hhquey4 said:
I dont think var was designed to make decisions on millimetres. Supposed to be CLEAR AND OBVIOUS.

I agree. Looking at the freeze frame, her big toe is offside, but I can’t see how you can decide the exact moment the ball is kicked. I feel VAR has its place in football, but when it gets that close there will always be a bit of doubt.

Dec 3, 2005
We didn't turn up for some reason - lost possesion, too many passes going straight to the USA - we couldn't keep the ball.

Still it's a learning curve, we just came up against a very good side.

I have really enjoyed watching the games and look forward to tomorrows game - it looks very attractive.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Well I thought England were good value to at least take that to extra time.
In the first half the US showed why they are a top side. Their movement off the ball was exceptional and they dragged England around a bit.
But then they game managed the entire second half and not even very effectively given England had all the cast iron chances in the half. I think you could see the US players were rattled in the second half and if England had put away the penalty, or if White had had one size smaller boot and remained onside then I really think England would've gone on to win.
The penalty should've been a laces job and not a pass into the corner and not sure why White doesn't take the pens when she's so clinical. But overall very impressed by England

What went wrong for England posed a pundit? Isn’t that a simple answer? England didn’t score more goals than the USA, for whatever reason. That aside the skill has been amazing, pinpoint passing that would some of their male colleagues to shame.

Dec 3, 2005
saffronwalden green":2i1annsh said:
What went wrong for England posed a pundit? Isn’t that a simple answer? England didn’t score more goals than the USA, for whatever reason. That aside the skill has been amazing, pinpoint passing that would some of their male colleagues to shame.

But that was ONE of the problems last night - England were giving the ball away far to easily - with poor passing.

Yes there were some brilliant passes for sure - but also some very poor passing.

Need to be more consitent, keep the ball.

throughly enjoyed watching the tournament, the Womens game as certainly made giant strides.

Not sure if the VAR will work well IF EVERY decision is looked at - at length - it will take away the spontaneity of the game, some of the new laws are not needed in my opinion.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Disappointed that Phil Neville was supposed to have prepared the team meticulously. Not sure that he prepared for penalties.

Felt sorry for our best player and captain, Steph Houghton. She took responsibility for the penalty but, surely, there should have been others who were prepared in case of a penalty shootout. We missed 3 out of 4 during the finals.