Underrated bands | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Underrated bands

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
I saw a debate on another forum about underrated bands that didn’t get the commercial success they arguably deserved.

I’ll kick it off here with 80s / 90s band ‘The Adventures’, from Northern Ireland. I was lucky enough to see them live and I fully expected them to kick on after their successful hit album ‘The Sea Of Love’, but alas that was their high point.

In my opinion, their debut album ‘Theodore And Friends’ was their best - give it a listen, you won’t be disappointed.

American Pilgrim

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Mar 18, 2023
USA
The Boo Radleys.

Their album 'Wake Up!' was fantastic and always felt they never got the acclaim overall that they deserved.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Also, one of my favourite bands, Kula Shaker.

They were basically hounded by the press so much for being 'too posh' and their music scoffed at for the Indian influences. However, their live performances are still brilliant as Crispian Mills is a high quality guitarist.

They are also still producing some wonderful music.

Here's one from their appropriately named album, Pilgrims Progress....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP9qDU6RddM

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I saw a debate on another forum about underrated bands that didn’t get the commercial success they arguably deserved.

I’ll kick it off here with 80s / 90s band ‘The Adventures’, from Northern Ireland. I was lucky enough to see them live and I fully expected them to kick on after their successful hit album ‘The Sea Of Love’, but alas that was their high point.

In my opinion, their debut album ‘Theodore And Friends’ was their best - give it a listen, you won’t be disappointed.

I loved their 'feel the raindrops' song, it was very atmospheric.

Back in the late 80s there was an American rock band called Junkyard who I thought would make it big, they had the songs and the look but somehow didn't get anywhere. Like a lot of acts at that time the grunge era killed them off.

Today I think it's a band called Doomsday Outlaw, they are so good but again not getting attention or recognition.

Spotify is great for finding these bands again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alan Turing

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Also, one of my favourite bands, Kula Shaker.

They were basically hounded by the press so much for being 'too posh' and their music scoffed at for the Indian influences. However, their live performances are still brilliant as Crispian Mills is a high quality guitarist.

They are also still producing some wonderful music.

Here's one from their appropriately named album, Pilgrims Progress....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP9qDU6RddM

Failed miserably to get a ticket to see them at the Exeter Phoenix when Kula played there back in January :(

Also a shout-out to The Jeevas - the band Crispian Mills formed when Kula Shaker first split. More of an indie rock sound, and two v good albums (1,2,3,4 & Cowboys and Indians). I saw them at the Fleece in Brizzle and they were bloody good.

Reactions: jespafc

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Failed miserably to get a ticket to see them at the Exeter Phoenix when Kula played there back in January :(

Also a shout-out to The Jeevas - the band Crispian Mills formed when Kula Shaker first split. More of an indie rock sound, and two v good albums (1,2,3,4 & Cowboys and Indians). I saw them at the Fleece in Brizzle and they were bloody good.
Yeah, I was out of the country for their last tour, but saw them last summer in London and they were really good. The Jeevas albums are great too.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
The Charlatans
The Beautiful South
Cast
Beady Eye (If Oasis released any of the two albums then it would of sold better)

Reactions: American Pilgrim

Belfast Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
Teleman is a fine band, never quite get to burst through, despite some backing via BBC 6 Music.