U18s v Bournemouth 23/1/18 1pm Harper’s Park | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

U18s v Bournemouth 23/1/18 1pm Harper’s Park

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
MarkMatthews":39jidpxg said:
Lancastergreen":39jidpxg said:
That will please mark Mathews

Well it’s hardly as if Harper’s Park is other side of the universe, unlike Dorchester what else is a teatotler got on after training? Would be more surprised if he wasn’t there.

Your disdain for our management team is becoming pathetic, childish, unwarranted and boring, Mark.

Feb 28, 2016
davie nine":3g0wcbmt said:
MarkMatthews":3g0wcbmt said:
Lancastergreen":3g0wcbmt said:

Well it’s hardly as if Harper’s Park is other side of the universe, unlike Dorchester what else is a teatotler got on after training? Would be more surprised if he wasn’t there.

Your disdain for our management team is becoming pathetic, childish, unwarranted and boring, Mark.

It’s not so much the management “team” I have an issue with, I personally think Brewster would make a good manager and I would say the same for PW and KN.

May 8, 2011
MarkMatthews":1tzxmbvq said:
davie nine":1tzxmbvq said:
MarkMatthews":1tzxmbvq said:
Lancastergreen":1tzxmbvq said:

It’s not so much the management “team” I have an issue with, I personally think Brewster would make a good manager and I would say the same for PW and KN.

So what is your issue with Adams?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
MarkMatthews":33mwnnyj said:
davie nine":33mwnnyj said:
MarkMatthews":33mwnnyj said:
Lancastergreen":33mwnnyj said:

Well it’s hardly as if Harper’s Park is other side of theirs universe, unlike Dorchester what else is a teatotler got on after training? Would be more surprised if he wasn’t there.

So what qualities do they have that DA doesn’t?

Feb 28, 2016
davie nine":38c4o325 said:
......or Stan Ternent or Lennie Lawrence?

At that time I thought we needed experience, lots of contacts for January and someone we wouldn’t have to pay compensation for, prepared to take a short term contract until the end of the season with the possibility of moving upstairs the following season to help someone initially, like Wotton.

No need for most of that now though which is why I’ve not repeated that call.

As for skills they have I think Adams lacks, from what I’ve observed (and I fully accept I can only form a partial opinion, having never worked with him) but I think he lacks basic people skills and man management.

May 8, 2011
MarkMatthews":34qb31ok said:
davie nine":34qb31ok said:

At that time I thought we needed experience, lots of contacts for January and someone we wouldn’t have to pay compensation for, prepared to take a short term contract until the end of the season with the possibility of moving upstairs the following season to help someone initially, like Wotton.

As for skills they have I think Adams lacks, from what I’ve observed (and I fully accept I can only form a partial opinion, having never worked with him) but I think he lacks basic people skills and man management.

From talking to players and their families since Adams has been here I get the impression people skills and man management is one of his top qualities. As an example following the Doncaster game one of the players grandmother’s was saying how her grandson loves working with Adams and playing for Argyle.

Also despite the large turnover of players under Adams I can’t recall any bad mouthing of him after they leave.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
When we were struggling, the players were still playing for him.

That's your evidence of his people skills and man management.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
MarkMatthews":gjmxrw9e said:
davie nine":gjmxrw9e said:

Strangely, my opinion is that, from observation only and not having met him, those are 2 of the skills that he has in abundance.

Mar 8, 2016
Hmmm not sure many will agree Adams struggles with man management? Bit of a flawed opinion that one to be honest. I’ve a large shovel you can borrow if you want to dig yourself into a deeper hole of opinions that you probably don’t really believe yourself to justify your argument, realistically you just don’t like the fact Adams hasn’t given contracts to the young players you like, Adams is paid to make these decisions, It’s his job on the line. I’ve seen 3 young players this season given minutes on the pitch, Fletcher, cooper and sangster, how many managers prior to Adams would have played more? Because I can’t think of any. Maybe we should ask these players if they feel they are not been given the opportunity? Or should we instead focus on tweets by a former player that was released because he’s not good enough to play league football.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Cooper and Sangster are both 2nd year apprentices who, hopefully, will be offered and accept full contracts for next season. I would add Ryan Law to that and, possibly, others from this season’s crop who are performing so well in the FA Yoth Cup.
It will be difficult decisions for DA as the likes of Downing, Craske and Lolos will also need to be considered.
In addition, Alex Battle, on a development contract, was scoring for fun until he got injured and must be another for whom a decision must be made.

May 8, 2011
I believe the aim as finances improve is to establish an U23 side to compete in the Central League and SWPL, therefore it is likely more apprenticeships will be offered.

Jun 22, 2015
Army green":pd7b7drz said:
Hmmm not sure many will agree Adams struggles with man management? Bit of a flawed opinion that one to be honest. I’ve a large shovel you can borrow if you want to dig yourself into a deeper hole of opinions that you probably don’t really believe yourself to justify your argument, realistically you just don’t like the fact Adams hasn’t given contracts to the young players you like, Adams is paid to make these decisions, It’s his job on the line. I’ve seen 3 young players this season given minutes on the pitch, Fletcher, cooper and sangster, how many managers prior to Adams would have played more? Because I can’t think of any. Maybe we should ask these players if they feel they are not been given the opportunity? Or should we instead focus on tweets by a former player that was released because he’s not good enough to play league football.

Fletcher, cooper and sangster will be gone in next 2/3 years, that's the predictable problem im afraid.

Money keeps them for longer enabling them to grow into correct size required

Jul 6, 2011
Pele10":392223n2 said:
Army green":392223n2 said:

Fletcher, cooper and sangster will be gone in next 2/3 years, that's the predictable problem im afraid.

Money keeps them for longer enabling them to grow into correct size required

Have you stood next to these guys?

Jun 22, 2015
don't need to, am basing it on facts.

we release at 20 when not quite fully mature enough

frustrating, hence need money for youth ie 18-21