Tyler Harvey | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Tyler Harvey

Aug 12, 2011
John Sheridan obviously doesn't believe in him, and unfortunately is persisting with his stubbornness.

When you have sections of the media calling for him, as well as the fans, surely he must get a run of 3-4 games, as the others have not done anything to justify a starting position :doh:

Bring in a player that's struggling to break into a premiership or championship side, but as seen on Saturday, Hayes was carrying too much, and not fit enough (not his fault he was thrown in, by a desperate manager)

Sheridan says he is protecting him blah blah blah, put yourself in the players shoes, hometown club struggling for goals, Cardiff, Bournmouth interested in him, voted apprentice of the year for division 2, scoring for the reserves on a regular basis. I'm pretty sure he would be ready to run through a brick wall for this team. :banghead:

Man up Sheridan :scarf:

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Presumably he's 'not physically ready' for this league.

That of course explains why he did so well against the 5 foot and 4 Dickensian waifs that most reserve teams play at centre back.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
"I think what I'm doing with Tyler is the right thing. I know he needs football and I know he's scoring goals in the reserves against Bideford and Exeter's youth team.

"But I don't worry about anyone else. I understand we are not scoring goals and we are not winning football matches."

Sheridan was asked whether Harvey would start in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy second round tie at Swindon Town tomorrow.

"I will make that decision," replied the Pilgrims boss. "I don't need to tell everyone who I'm going to be picking on Tuesday."

Chadwick and Harvey for starting on Tuesday??? He quite rightly says he doesn't worry about anyone else (it's his job that's dictated by results) but we aren't scoring and winning so why not give Tyler a go? Altohugh if results don't improve he'll have to worry about others as more and more will call for his head.

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Joh...triker-Tyler/story-19896538-detail/story.html

C

Cobi Budge.

I haven't seen him play in the reserves, what I have to judge him on is the first team action I've seen, ever since Torquay home last season. I've seen one good goal, and otherwise it's been very poor from him, he appears to lose the ball with pretty much every touch, I remember seeing him get the ball twice on saturday and both times it went out of play.

I'm not slating him, as for his age he's decent, but he's just not the messiah, because a player scores in the youth/reserves doesn't mean he will do well in the first team, the hero's welcome he get's just isn't deserved is it?

He's not ready for regular L2 action, needs a loan spell to a conference club, or we should cash in on him and sign a winger.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
He's not good enough. Strikers aren't the issue. We need to create chances. Midfield is the problem area - as it was last year and the year before, and the year before .....

Jan 29, 2010
plymouth
None of us know if he is good enough because he has not been give a chance and with Sheridan in charge probably never will be. How can he possibly be worse than Reid and Morgan neither of which seem to be able to hit a barn door from two paces.

Sheridan out ASAP.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
he is one of the best players at the club in my opinion.nobody would have scored that equaliser against torquay.he deserves a chance

A

agentgreen

Pasties and Cider":3i7p9aaq said:
He's not good enough. Strikers aren't the issue. We need to create chances. Midfield is the problem area - as it was last year and the year before, and the year before .....

Ummmm...let me think , who has been a constant factor in our midfield pairing for the last 3 seasons :think:

Nov 21, 2011
I agree with all those who say he has plenty to improve upon, I just don't see how he's going to develop sat on the bench game after game.

I ignore what Sheridan says when interviewed on this. He didn't play Tyler in a 'no-lose' Capital One cup tie or in the previous round of Mickey Mouse Paint comp. Then rather than promote him after a series of poor performances from Reid and Morgan, he signs another striker and throws him straight in.

Sheridan isn't protecting Tyler, he just doesn't rate him. Only time will tell if it's the right decision but for me, it's a desperate shame. We can't afford to sign real quality players, our best chance of improving our both league and financial positions seems to be through pushing the youngsters...

Mar 23, 2008
Another sign of the managers stubborness? Interesting comments from him that do sound like a frustrated manager under the cosh.