Truro's new groundshare | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Truro's new groundshare

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I feel for their fans.

As for ruining their pitch, it was never the best was it?

Reactions: X Isle

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Truro "home game" on Saturday against Eastbourne (at new friends Taunton) called off.

Not working out so far!!

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Do they not only have 45 days to get the ground ready and approved by the FA for them to play there next season? It's very difficult to see how they're going to manage that.

Jul 29, 2010
Truro "home game" on Saturday against Eastbourne (at new friends Taunton) called off.

Not working out so far!!
Suggestions on the Yeovil forum of offering financially stricken Taunton use of their ground to help fulfil their fixtures.

At first glance you'd think, aah that's nice, fans of a club reaching out with suggestions to help a struggling local(ish) rival.

Not a bit of it. Glovers have completed the double over Town, if they go under they lose six points and their lead is cut to just four points.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
And Truro's new ground share is an odd choice.

To go from a shared ground with problems (but close to Cornwall) to another shared ground with problems (in Somerset) seems odd. Torquay (again) would have been better.

Then again, Truro are one spot above Taunton in the NLS and just above a relegation spot . Perhaps sabotage from within??

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
And Truro's new ground share is an odd choice.

To go from a shared ground with problems (but close to Cornwall) to another shared ground with problems (in Somerset) seems odd. Torquay (again) would have been better.

Then again, Truro are one spot above Taunton in the NLS and just above a relegation spot . Perhaps sabotage from within??

It's much easier to get from Cornwall to Taunton than to Torquay I'd imagine, there's a direct rail link (no changing at Newton Abbot), and by road you just sit on the A30/M5 for as long as it takes.

And Torquay's ground situation is not straightforward either.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
It's much easier to get from Cornwall to Taunton than to Torquay I'd imagine, there's a direct rail link (no changing at Newton Abbot), and by road you just sit on the A30/M5 for as long as it takes.

And Torquay's ground situation is not straightforward either.
But at least you have a chance of the game being played if there is a crop or two of rain!?

Perhaps Torquay asked too much

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
But at least you have a chance of the game being played if there is a crop or two of rain!?

Perhaps Torquay asked too much

Plainmoor is owned by the council I think isn't it? I'd imagine they'd be grateful for whatever income they can get these days. Wherever they play it can't be worse than Truro's old ground, I saw a few Argyle friendlies there and it was always freezing, even in July.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Any update on Truro's new ground? If I remember the rules correctly today would be the deadline for ground grading, but if it's not finished they wouldn't be able to get it. If they don't have a ground with ground grading by 31st March I believe the regulations say they could be relegated because of it.