Train Travel from London to Plymouth - BREAKING NEWS !! | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Train Travel from London to Plymouth - BREAKING NEWS !!

To all South East Exiles -

Just heard on Radio Plymouth that the service from London to Plymouth MAY NOT be fully restored until MONDAY !!!

At the moment, I believe there is a replacement bus service to Taunton [westwards] as a result of flooding and damage in the Swindon area :banghead:

You have been warned

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Apr 15, 2008
London
I was looking at an excuse not to go this weekend. Not just because of the form of the team, just to put my feet up on a Saturday. Hopefully Argyle can make me regret it by nabbing 3 points.

Apparently CG, the Plymouth-Bristol service has been suspended.

The central lane of the Tamar Bridge is closed so the usual type of vehicles are banned plus there is only ONE Torpoint ferry in operation with an HOUR wait on this side !!

Not nice - so keep safe EVERYONE :thumbs:

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
First Great Western are currently running to Exeter and bussing to Taunton due to flooding between Tiverton Parkway and Exeter at Stoke Canon, as are Cross Country Trains. From up north, Cross Country are terminating at Bristol Temple Meads and bussing to Exeter St Davids, stopping at Taunton and Tiverton Parkway en route. FGW are terminating at Taunton and Bussing to Exeter St Davids via Tiverton Parkway.

Hope that helps!

B

bandwagon

I travelled back from London last night from Waterloo/Exeter line - all trains terminated at Gillingham and buses from there on to all stations west. They were not sure when it could be up and running properly!! Thank god my bus was only a 20min ride to Sherborne!!

bandwagon":3sfxiwz9 said:
I travelled back from London last night from Waterloo/Exeter line - all trains terminated at Gillingham and buses from there on to all stations west. They were not sure when it could be up and running properly!! Thank god my bus was only a 20min ride to Sherborne!!

B'Andy - have you been chucking your beer on the line again !!!!!

Oct 6, 2005
Winchester
TinTin":2f4nk38q said:
bandwagon":2f4nk38q said:

we never waste beer tintin!

Jan 31, 2005
South Devon
www.pafc.co.uk
As someone with an 1803hrs ticket home from Paddington tonight, it's fair to say that my plans are somewhat ruined.....

Updates as I know them:

Some (but far from all) First Great Western trains are running from Paddington but are currently terminating at Taunton. This is due to severe flooding. Replacement buses have been put on (to Exeter), but these are now becoming unpredictable & may have to be stopped soon. If you are 'lucky' & can get a bus, current estimates are that journey times are being extended by around 3 hours.

South West trains are running on the 'lower', slower line, however a large landslide at Yeovil is resulting in all trains terminating at Yeovil junction. Again some buses have been running from there to Exeter, but this is being reviewed as the weather worsens.

I've also spoken to a couple of coach companies - they have little availability but are also thinking about stopping services 'in the very near future'.

Given that the weather is worsening, tomorrow ain't looking any better.....

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
JonB":3cn80neu said:
As someone with an 1803hrs ticket home from Paddington tonight, it's fair to say that my plans are somewhat ruined.....

Updates as I know them:

Some (but far from all) First Great Western trains are running from Paddington but are currently terminating at Taunton. This is due to severe flooding. Replacement buses have been put on (to Exeter), but these are now becoming unpredictable & may have to be stopped soon. If you are 'lucky' & can get a bus, current estimates are that journey times are being extended by around 3 hours.

South West trains are running on the 'lower', slower line, however a large landslide at Yeovil is resulting in all trains terminating at Yeovil junction. Again some buses have been running from there to Exeter, but this is being reviewed as the weather worsens.

I've also spoken to a couple of coach companies - they have little availability but are also thinking about stopping services 'in the very near future'.

Slightly awkward for me coming back from Southampton tomorrow.

I'm gonna have to go Soton-Sailsbury, Sailsbury-Yeovil Junction, Yeovil Junction to Exeter by bus and be thankful I have parents kind enough to pick me up for there. Just need to pray that the Sailsbury-Yeovil line holds up, and that they keep running buses from Yeovil-Exeter SD.

B

bandwagon

Kevin_Dacombe":3cftwnxi said:
TinTin":3cftwnxi said:
bandwagon":3cftwnxi said:

we never waste beer tintin!

Yeah the SWT Booze Crew can the can Tin Tin!! :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
JonB":1qjznrzm said:

Updates as I know them:

Maybe rush hour making it worse but travelled from Southampton today via Westbury and then on to Taunton. Left Hampshire at 1045 and in Exeter for 1430. Buses were queuing up at both ends and at Taunton we were amongst 400 people shifted through in 20 minutes. FGW staff could not have been more positive or helpful at both Taunton and Exeter. Many more staff on stations to help and advise, including loading luggage on to coaches. It seems they have cleared their offices and workshops of staff to have everyone out assisting the public. Taunton to Exeter was about 65 minutes on bus and FGW staff said they had hired every available coach in Somerset and Devon. No signs when we left Exeter that things were deteriorating. Indeed staff felt they now had 'a system' as compared to yesterday. Journey extended by roughly 2 hours but no complaints at the effort by the rail companies - real good philosophic attitude from most people travelling.