Tottenham v Chelsea | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Tottenham v Chelsea

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Currently 1-1 with Tottenham down 9 men after 55 mins, now at the 65th min.

Aug 24, 2014
Buckingham
Does all the VAR delays - stop - start adding up to 12 mins stoppage time in first half - increase likelihood players suffer injuries? Spurs player went off with a bad hamstring first half - most of which was stood around waiting for VAR decisions.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
3-1

4-1 FT

Last edited:

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Mad game. I’m not sure whether I found Spurs playing with a high line despite being down to 9 men tonight extremely impressive or extremely stupid.

Reactions: Graham Clark

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Hopefully, that game will be another nail in the coffin for VAR and the truly dreadful 'americanisation' of football and all our sports.
The fans in the stadium have no idea what's going on. But they probably don't matter any more. TV is king, sadly.

Reactions: (I'm)Stranded
May 16, 2016
The commentary team said they should have shown the red card / penalty incident in the Stadium so the fans could 'appreciate' or at least understand the decision.

An explanation would hopefully cool tempers.......but hopefully not the atmosphere.

Jul 29, 2010
Hopefully, that game will be another nail in the coffin for VAR and the truly dreadful 'americanisation' of football and all our sports.
The fans in the stadium have no idea what's going on. But they probably don't matter any more. TV is king, sadly.
Its not about TV, its about getting decisions right, which, a few high profile errors aside, they do now on the vast majority.

TV being king would be the old pre-VAR days when pundits would pour over each and every moment and lecture the officials with the privileged benefit of assistance they never had.

Now they do they're getting vastly more decisions right. Yes it breaks up play, yes it must be a real p1sser to be in the crowd at a VAR game, but the game is fairer for having it.

Its not perfect but I like it. And just as Fergy says it was a great game, VAR only added to it.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Its not about TV, its about getting decisions right, which, a few high profile errors aside, they do now on the vast majority.

TV being king would be the old pre-VAR days when pundits would pour over each and every moment and lecture the officials with the privileged benefit of assistance they never had.

Now they do they're getting vastly more decisions right. Yes it breaks up play, yes it must be a real p1sser to be in the crowd at a VAR game, but the game is fairer for having it.

Its not perfect but I like it. And just as Fergy says it was a great game, VAR only added to it.
'Getting decisions right' even down to the last millimetre.
It's bllox X Isle, formerly Twitter Isle, it's not the game you or I fell in love with many years ago, is it?
For as much as I dislike refs, I put up with them getting things wrong sometimes pre VAR. This stop/start nonsense is killing the game.

Mar 11, 2021
Tavistock
We need refereeing like the RFU do it. Only captains engage in conversation with the referee.

Clear and direct communication about what's going on. The referee and VAR talks should be live to the ground with any incident on screens around the ground.

This is a culture thing. From under 7s right through the game you see parents berating the refs - and worse. Sadly it continues the higher you go up the pyramid.

Draw a line in the sand next season. You call the referee a whatever, - the free kick moved 10 yards.

It's ruining our sport.

Jul 29, 2010
'Getting decisions right' even down to the last millimetre.
It's bllox X Isle, formerly Twitter Isle, it's not the game you or I fell in love with many years ago, is it?
For as much as I dislike refs, I put up with them getting things wrong sometimes pre VAR. This stop/start nonsense is killing the game.
Needless to say, I disagree.

• Wow
Reactions: Lousy Pint