Totally agree with Ian Stonebridge | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Totally agree with Ian Stonebridge

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
This is what is definately needed by Argyle before any new grandstand, these can operate 24 hours a day, so many uses indoor football, golf, field hockey, sports training, tennis, badminton etc. Here in Ottawa we have at least 3 of these indoor facilities, one of them has a football league that had over 7000 members, they also include restaurants and bars. Initial cost would be high but it is almost guaranteed money maker.

Stonebridge has suggested this for Harpers Park

http://twitter.com/ianstonebridge/statu ... 41/photo/1

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
Nah. Grandstand first. Improved capacity & facilities first to boost revenue.

Stoney's pic looks awesome though, would be a fantastic asset if Argyle had access to such a training facility.

Nov 11, 2006
I suspect Stonebridge's comment is a bit tongue in cheek. That's St George's Park, the new FA headquarters. The complex cost £105m. I think a new grandstand might just get priority over something like that, and rightly so!

Nov 11, 2012
Keyham
Hopefully the money generated from the new grandstand well help to finance the improvements needed in our training facilities but unfortunately I cant think it well pay for something like that but we can dream.

tonsk

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
£105M :shock: It's just a giant polytunnel!

tonsk

Jan 29, 2010
plymouth
Not a bad plan in principle but i dont think Harpers Park is zoned for development.If something like this does come about it may be a better thing for the Trust to get involved in , rather than buying 20% of the club.

Apr 13, 2008
Plymouth
a bit more than a giant polytunnel :)

aa4a8ad8300_964x567.jpg

Grandstand first, then this on a slighly smaller scale.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
I think the point of this is flying over people's heads. It was a jokey, light hearted tweet from Stonebridge. Never in a million years are we gonna have training facilities anything like the standard of St George's Park. As for the idea of it being something for the Trust to get stuck into, well the Trust have the best will in the world but I'd like to see them get the £105 million and planning permission for us to build first class state of the art training facilities here.

ejh

Sep 27, 2012
Ottawa Green":1x3rfy3h said:
This is what is definitely needed by Argyle before any new grandstand, these can operate 24 hours a day, so many uses indoor football, golf, field hockey, sports training, tennis, badminton etc. Here in Ottawa we have at least 3 of these indoor facilities, one of them has a football league that had over 7000 members, they also include restaurants and bars. Initial cost would be high but it is almost guaranteed money maker.

Stonebridge has suggested this for Harpers Park

http://twitter.com/ianstonebridge/statu ... 41/photo/1

But Ottawa's a capital city, demand will no doubt be higher. Most janner bheys are happy with their Goals centres and Marjons.

With the life centre I can't really see the new for another all singing all dancing sports complex. Not over the redevelopment of the Mayflower anyway.