Torquay United SOS (TUST submit bid to buy TUFC) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Torquay United SOS (TUST submit bid to buy TUFC)

Jul 12, 2016
Always had a soft spot for Torquay FC and check out their results. It is so sad to see the demise of a great club and I really hope it will get an owner it deserves. Would be a sad day indeed if it ceased to exist. Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Miles Away

Mexijan1

🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽
✅ Evergreen
Jul 17, 2023
Always had a soft for Torquay FC and check out their results. It is so sad to see the demise of a great club and I really hope it will get an owner it deserves. Would be a sad day indeed if it ceased to exist. Good luck.
Not sure but isn't a soft bad?

• Haha
Reactions: bodspafc
Feb 2, 2023
NEAR TIVERTON
I always look for Torquay's result. Good Luck. Perhaps there's some Rovers fans who may be sympathetic - the more the merrier. A bit of adverse publicity might go a long way?

Reactions: FriioIsGod
Jun 5, 2021
Visited Plainmoor in the early 1950s. 1-1 against Gillingham. Seem to remember someone was sent off.
All the best to Torquay fans in their fight. If any crowd funding, would contribute.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
Hello Green Army,

Well times at Torquay United are dire indeed.
Most of us fans who have followed the club through good and bad times are of the mind that our owner is overseeing a managed decline to achieve his end goal.

This is a call to the Green Army, our friendly (or not so friendly at times) rivals, but not anymore, we are light years behind you, to come along and add to the volume of protests and assist us in whatever way possible to shine a light on and draw attention to the regime in play at Plainmoor. TUFC is being stolen from the fans and the town and we need all the support we can get to protest against it. It's not about getting back in the league anymore, it's about ensuring the club exists still in the near future.
Every home game is now a protest for the long overdue sacking of Johnson, but much more of a bigger issue, Clark Osborne.

Thanks for reading.

I’m sure there are quite a few on here that would attend a Torquay match (when Argyle are away) to help protest, but we need dates- is there a specific match that this is happening at? (I know you said every match, but is there a BIG ONE that many fans can attend? It may gain some national attention)

Are you creating flags/posters/banners etc to aid in the protest? If so, is there a crowdfunder that people can donate to? Argyle have a great contributor in PAFC displays that may be able to point you in the right direction of getting things printed.

Also, if you haven’t already, reach out to Exeweb and do the same as you’ve done here. We may all be rivals but ultimately I’m sure there would be a fair few Grecians who would help out too.

At some point in the last 20-30 years or so all three of our clubs have been in a position of going out of business and I hate to see it happen to any of us.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
I'd hate to see Torquay go under. Property speculators and football grounds are a nightmare combination. Like many other Argyle fans I've spend a fair few happy afternoons up at Plainmoor when we've been away. I can't imagine TUFC will bounce back any time soon if they have to leave their ground.

Reactions: Bovey Green lady

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
I wonder what part the Torquay United Supporters Trust are playing in all this? Surely they should be rallying the couple of thousand fans that still attend home games. They should also be seeking help/advice/support from other Supporters' Trusts.

Reactions: X Isle and Adam

Georgieboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Mar 17, 2015
Come on you green supporters. Just remember Brighton supporters who helped us!!
I can remember my mate winning there lottery I was with him when he was presented with his money. They welcome us very well even though we are Argyle supporters. It was a great day for me as I watch my hero playing for the Gulls.(Tommy Tynan)

Reactions: bodspafc
Jul 18, 2011
Best of luck, always had a soft spot for Torquay after living in St Marychurch (about 100 yards away from The ground) for almost three years back in the 80s. Used to go along to games quite often, that was when they used to play their home games on Saturday evenings.

Jul 29, 2010
Come on you green supporters. Just remember Brighton supporters who helped us!!
I can remember my mate winning there lottery I was with him when he was presented with his money. They welcome us very well even though we are Argyle supporters. It was a great day for me as I watch my hero playing for the Gulls.(Tommy Tynan)
OK, I'm aware this may come over as heartless, what I'm aiming for is a qualified low level of sympathy.

Not for the situation you understand, malevolent owners are a universal enemy.

No, it was the earlier comment about yesterday's protest amounting to 'a dozen teenagers and a sheet with a message on it'. WTF?

If Gulls fans as a whole are largely apathetic to the situation and aren't protesting in numbers, aren't seemingly getting vexed about someone ****ing up their club... why should anyone else?... why try and garner 'flying pickets' from other clubs when those most directly affected are largely muttering a collective "meh"?

Yes Albion stood by us and God bless every one of 'em... but we were already flippin' livid and completely mobilised for the fight ourselves. There is a huge difference.

We were approaching/in administration without a pot to p155 in... resource wise Torquay are a big fish in a small pond, they have the second highest gates. Their ON FIELD 'woes' are not for the want of relative resources. They've come down as a full time squad with a superior attitude over their part time newly aquired peers... who have been running rings round them.

Its harsh, the ownership situation is just plain wrong. But they are architects of their own problems on the pitch and just like charity... protest begins at home.

Come back and ask again for my assistance when you've done some hard yards yourselves. You've not raised so much as a single pitchfork yet... let alone an angry mob.

Jul 29, 2010
I have to agree with Xy on this one.

I haven't seen anything like the force we created when crap was being thrown at us.

You need to fight like dogs when your club is in danger, and I've seen nothing of that.
Having perused their forum quite recently I thought that immediately I saw this plea for assistance yesterday... they aren't even remotely as animated as they need to be and can't even agree that the team is poor and Johnson needs to go :oops:

I diplomatically held my tongue though until one of ours demanded "come on you greens supporters..." as if it were our responsibility to do something... "come on you yellows" more like, light a fire under yourselves.

I'm sure there's plenty of good will and practical support we could offer. But they say you should never rouse a sleepwalker and if they want to sleep walk into non-existence then that's their problem.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
OK, I'm aware this may come over as heartless, what I'm aiming for is a qualified low level of sympathy.

Not for the situation you understand, malevolent owners are a universal enemy.

No, it was the earlier comment about yesterday's protest amounting to 'a dozen teenagers and a sheet with a message on it'. WTF?

If Gulls fans as a whole are largely apathetic to the situation and aren't protesting in numbers, aren't seemingly getting vexed about someone ****ing up their club... why should anyone else?... why try and garner 'flying pickets' from other clubs when those most directly affected are largely muttering a collective "meh"?

Yes Albion stood by us and God bless every one of 'em... but we were already flippin' livid and completely mobilised for the fight ourselves. There is a huge difference.

We were approaching/in administration without a pot to p155 in... resource wise Torquay are a big fish in a small pond, they have the second highest gates. Their ON FIELD 'woes' are not for the want of relative resources. They've come down as a full time squad with a superior attitude over their part time newly aquired peers... who have been running rings round them.

Its harsh, the ownership situation is just plain wrong. But they are architects of their own problems on the pitch and just like charity... protest begins at home.

Come back and ask again for my assistance when you've done some hard yards yourselves. You've not raised so much as a single pitchfork yet... let alone an angry mob.
You put it so much better than my post above. :)