Torpoint 0 Argyle 6 FT | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Torpoint 0 Argyle 6 FT

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
3-0

It is two goals in as many minutes for the Pilgrims as Graham Carey crashes an unstoppable shot high into the net. Argyle’s second half team is looking fresh and strong against Torpoint, who are possibly starting to tire, which is understandable.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
4-0

Torpoint replace goalkeeper Jason Peters with Rob Brown and the substitute is beaten almost immediately.
Midfielder David Fox plays a corner short to Gregg Wylde, and his low angled shot finds the net to put the Pilgrims 4-0 up in the 82nd minute.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
5-0

Gregg Wylde strikes again for Argyle
The Pilgrims’ winger makes it 5-0 in the 90th minute as he breaks forward and then beats Torpoint’s substitute ‘keeper Rob Brown with a low 20-yard drive. That’s two goals on the night for him.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
6-0

It is now 6-0 to Argyle in second half stoppage time. A cross from Gregg Wylde bobbles around the box and midfielder David Fox sweeps it into the net.
Three late goals for the Pilgrims give them a convincing victory against a Torpoint side who worked their socks off.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
FT Torpoint 0 Argyle 6

Feb 23, 2008
Be good to see Wylde given a crack.

Maybe now we play with two number tens there won't be such a spotlight on his crossing?

What formation have we been playing so far, the usual?

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Thanks Mike.

May 8, 2011
Quintrell_Green":1fhafz6y said:
Taking into account of the standard of the opposition, was there any Argyle player last night who made an exceptional impression?

Ladapo.

As he said Adams wanted to sign him last year, having seen the first two games the general view is ‘if only we did’.

Feb 17, 2017
Been very impressed with Ladapo he was also the stand out player at parkway, even though the quality of opposition is not of the highest standard you can still draw comparisons, see pace and reading of the game. I also like the look of Tafari Moore, yeovil away should be a bit more of an indication though so still early days.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
HC Green":160nj9hq said:
Quintrell_Green":160nj9hq said:
Taking into account of the standard of the opposition, was there any Argyle player last night who made an exceptional impression?

Ladapo.

As he said Adams wanted to sign him last year, having seen the first two games the general view is ‘if only we did’.

Thanks for that. I look forward hopefully to seeing him perform at Helston on Saturday p.m. I seem to recall incidentally that at one time [before I started school] Jack Chisholm played for Helston, when they were in the old South Western League. Perhaps other contributors can ad to this?

May 8, 2011
Quintrell_Green":2h48o2qf said:
HC Green":2h48o2qf said:
Quintrell_Green":2h48o2qf said:

Ladapo.

Thanks for that. I look forward hopefully to seeing him perform at Helston on Saturday p.m. I seem to recall incidentally that at one time [before I started school] Jack Chisholm played for Helston, when they were in the old South Western League. Perhaps other contributors can ad to this?

I spoke to Adams after the game at Torpoint and one thing I asked was could he or the Club announce before Saturday which players will be at each game just in case someone is hoping to see a particular player and pick the wrong game.

We shall see.

Aug 5, 2016
Pilgrim28":3m1k3scc said:
First choice CB pairing for me.

A bit early for a conclusion like that, I doubt even DA knows his starting back line yet. Plenty of good pedigree and strong competition in the ranks this season.

Aug 5, 2016
Neilz5419":o0sfpvxv said:
Been very impressed with Ladapo he was also the stand out player at parkway, even though the quality of opposition is not of the highest standard you can still draw comparisons, see pace and reading of the game. I also like the look of Tafari Moore, yeovil away should be a bit more of an indication though so still early days.

Plymouth Parkway are no pub team, they would likely give Truro City a run for their money after the dominant season they've just had. It's strange Glynn Hobbs never played however.