Top manager in the making | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Top manager in the making

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
I was surprised to see them playing at that level, they had a few spells of being a very competitive top-flight team earlier this century didn't they? Hopefully they'll be back before long, obviously nobody is ever going to touch the top two, but if the likes of St Johnstone and Livingston can finish in the top six there's no reason why they can't either.

Reactions: memory man

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I'm not sure about the PARS link with Argyle but I do know that Pemros Road in St Budeaux is an amalgam of Pembroke and Rosyth, as some of the houses there were built for workers from Pembroke Dock and Rosyth Dockyard.

Reactions: Tony Pastyman

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I had no idea of the Argyle link, if it's on their official site as a possible explanation then it has to have legs.

I think their web site is incorrect. It states that Plymouth sailors during the early part of the last century would visit, and were known as P(lymouth) A(rgyle) (R)osyth supporters. However a Dunfermline supporting friend informs me that during the First World War Plymouth dockyard workers, not sailors, were transferred to Rosyth dockyards to help improve shipping output, and so became regular home supporters during that period. They adopted Dunfermline as their reserve team, and that’s what the R stands for.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I think their web site is incorrect. It states that Plymouth sailors during the early part of the last century would visit, and were known as P(lymouth) A(rgyle) (R)osyth supporters. However a Dunfermline supporting friend informs me that during the First World War Plymouth dockyard workers, not sailors, were transferred to Rosyth dockyards to help improve shipping output, and so became regular home supporters during that period. They adopted Dunfermline as their reserve team, and that’s what the R stands for.
My Dad was born in Devonport in 1912. My Grandad was a RN Stoker. In 1916 they moved to Rosyth Dockyard. They lived in Inverkeithing. I think they moved back in 1926 as Dad left school at 14!!
Dad told me the PARS story, he used to go and watch them. He was 100% behind the Plymouth Argyle Rosyth Supporters. At the time they were called Dunfermline Pars then PARS became a nickname for Dunfermline. Maybe PARS preexisted and the Plymouth contingent made it fit? That sounds likely to me.