Time for Lloyd Jones | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Time for Lloyd Jones

Aug 5, 2016
MarkMatthews":1kcbtk5s said:
Knibbsworth":1kcbtk5s said:
Disrupting a settled defence purely to squeeze an on loan player in just because he was born in Derriford? Jones may well not be here next season whereas Eddy and Canavanno should be. While they are getting clean sheets v Luton and deserved one v Shrewsbury (conceding only due to a clumsy Carey challenge) how do you tell them they are dropped because the on loan lad is a local boy and his family want to see him play? Threlkeld had to wait too. The team is performing, tough luck. Jones may well be the future, he may be the best CB at the club. If he is confident of those things he should sign in the summer and earn his place. But it is bad management to disrupt the defence (before we are safe) based on a hunch. Stick to what is working, I don't miss losing 4-0 to sides like Peterborough.

Adams was more than happy to drop Fletcher when he was the top scorer last season, he was quick enough to drop Tyler Harvey and Louis Rooney after the Hartlepool game. He was quick enough not to give Cooper anymore game time after he kept a second half clean sheet at Blackburn. I’m all for winning the shirt and keeping it, be it through, skill, fluke or luck. However all evidence would suggest, if you have Devon/Cornwall on your birth certificate and are under the age of 30, then even if you win your shirt through skill or circumstance, prove yourself, then that will not be enough to keep it.

Top scorer? Are you for real? Fletch was hardly banging them in like Freddie Ladapo. How many senior goals has Alex Fletcher even scored? Against adult professional opposition like? The goals against the Chelsea teenagers are probably the highlight of his young career. He's had a fair run of chances in the first team and game after game goes by where he doesnt even create himself a chance. Fletcher being dropped for pro players far better than him is hardly the injustice of the century.

Aug 5, 2015
I think if it was that easy all 92 league clubs would be choc full of local lads. They aren’t. Get over it. Like has been said previously, if they’re good enough they’ll play, if they’re not they won’t.

Jul 6, 2011
Knibbsworth":1p2ajtdj said:
MarkMatthews":1p2ajtdj said:
Knibbsworth":1p2ajtdj said:
Disrupting a settled defence purely to squeeze an on loan player in just because he was born in Derriford? Jones may well not be here next season whereas Eddy and Canavanno should be. While they are getting clean sheets v Luton and deserved one v Shrewsbury (conceding only due to a clumsy Carey challenge) how do you tell them they are dropped because the on loan lad is a local boy and his family want to see him play? Threlkeld had to wait too. The team is performing, tough luck. Jones may well be the future, he may be the best CB at the club. If he is confident of those things he should sign in the summer and earn his place. But it is bad management to disrupt the defence (before we are safe) based on a hunch. Stick to what is working, I don't miss losing 4-0 to sides like Peterborough.

Adams was more than happy to drop Fletcher when he was the top scorer last season, he was quick enough to drop Tyler Harvey and Louis Rooney after the Hartlepool game. He was quick enough not to give Cooper anymore game time after he kept a second half clean sheet at Blackburn. I’m all for winning the shirt and keeping it, be it through, skill, fluke or luck. However all evidence would suggest, if you have Devon/Cornwall on your birth certificate and are under the age of 30, then even if you win your shirt through skill or circumstance, prove yourself, then that will not be enough to keep it.

Top scorer? Are you for real? Fletch was hardly banging them in like Freddie Ladapo. How many senior goals has Alex Fletcher even scored? Against adult professional opposition like? The goals against the Chelsea teenagers are probably the highlight of his young career. He's had a fair run of chances in the first team and game after game goes by where he doesnt even create himself a chance. Fletcher being dropped for pro players far better than him is hardly the injustice of the century.

When Fletcher was dropped he was the top scorer and those Chelsea kids were million pound players and some were youth world cup winners.

Aug 5, 2016
The Chelsea kids are not as physically developed or experienced as Yann Songo'o, Niall Canavan, Sonny Bradley or Ryan Edwards. These are the types of player Fletcher needs to outwit, outsprint, outmuscle and outjump, not players his own age who regardless of calibre are similarly young and raw. League One is our bread and butter, not U18 cup opponents. Some may have cost millions, so did Jordan Slew and David Goodwillie at that age, world beating adolescents now at non-league level. As I said, I've seen entire games where Fletcher huffs and puffs but he can't work a chance let alone a goal. He is nowhere near Taylor or Ladapo's level in terms of intelligence, hold up play or goal threat. As for this top scorer nonsense, he scored 3 goals all season and only one of those was against a senior team in a competitive fixture. Let's just get realistic for a minute.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Anyone else think that DA’s latest comments about Lloyd being unlucky not to play more are interesting? To me it sounds like he’s saying, if Eddy or Canavan have a sub standard performance then Lloyd will get his chance.. maybe as early as a start at home to Brizzle Rovers next week..

Oct 21, 2015
MarkMatthews":3f97b0yg said:
Knibbsworth":3f97b0yg said:

Still trying to get my head round Mark's statement, presumably said in all seriousness, that our Manager would in any way base his first team selections on whether or not a player was born in Devon or Cornwall, and to add a further age barrier of under 30 to boot ! Lack of objectivity, childish and an insult to both our Manager and all right thinking Argyle supporters .....I would assume that juvenile comment would come from somebody under the age of 15.....no disrespect to teenagers but it beggars belief. :crazy:

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
I'd probably keep it the way it is, I'm sure Jones is a good player. I hope we can keep next season, he might get more of a chance then.

Oct 31, 2015
JannerinCardiff":30p3e066 said:
Anyone else think that DA’s latest comments about Lloyd being unlucky not to play more are interesting? To me it sounds like he’s saying, if Eddy or Canavan have a sub standard performance then Lloyd will get his chance.. maybe as early as a start at home to Brizzle Rovers next week..

Cans has had 2 poor games now and the captain has struggled as well. Decisions for DA

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
rsp4":3helo6t4 said:
JannerinCardiff":3helo6t4 said:

Cans has had 2 poor games now and the captain has struggled as well. Decisions for DA

Yeah I agree, but I’d only bring in Jones for Canavan. Sawyer gives us experience.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Balham_Green":3fgi5mzn said:
Nobody mentions Riley. At fault for both goals yesterday imo. Not good enough.

I thought Riley was excellent in his previous game against Shrewsbury..

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
MarkMatthews":3ej92clq said:

I thought you'd joined the rest of us on planet earth Mark.

Fletcher got a couple against some kids from Chelsea. A lot of those will not go on to have a successful career in football. Some will.
It's not an achievement though is my point.

Cooper did well at Blackburn yes, but he's got to mature and show enough in training. Forgive me if I am wrong but I recall him having a stinker in what I think was a checkatrade game too.

As for Harvey and Rooney I think even you know you're clutching at straws. Both had opportunities and didn't take them enough be it on the training ground or on the pitch.

Key players were rested in that nothing match. You can't then drop them the key players!!

Jul 12, 2016
Sawyer has experience but tends to give opposing wingers the freedom of Home Park.Perhaps Adams has instructed him to play those tactics because it happens more often than not.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Canavan and Edwards lack mobility and pace, therefore the full backs "tuck in" allowing the back four to be very narrow, it makes running into the channels difficult. The downside being wide men get more time and space to get crosses in. However, the strength of our centre backs is they are both big, strong and decent in the air.
Its not perfect, but its a solution to make the best of what we have. When we had Vyner at CB and had some pace in there, it gave the fulls backs opportunity to push out and offer us a bit more width and freedom when we had the ball.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Balham_Green":36jssbw7 said:
Nobody mentions Riley. At fault for both goals yesterday imo. Not good enough.
Thought it was Sawyer and Canavan at fault for both Fleetwoods goals ?