Tim Breaker | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Tim Breaker

Jan 17, 2006
Saltash
Just wondered what peoples opinions were of Tim?

He did a great job last time he was here and I think He would be a great appointment should the club decide to get rid of CF.

Currently a scout for Millwall so should have plenty of contacts too!!

:scarf: :scarf:

Nov 11, 2012
Keyham
I have nothing against Tim Breacker but I would like an experience manager with a proven track record. However the way the board are talking I am not sure CF well be sacked soon.

P

pafcstafford

Id be give him a go he did take us to 4th in the championship

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
pafcstafford":124duxfg said:
Id be give him a go he did take us to 4th in the championship

A whole 2 places higher than we were when he was appointed caretaker, Fletcher's got us 4 places higher than we were when he took the job... ;)

ejh

Sep 27, 2012
Breaker didn't double his predecessor's budget in the process though....

I was always of the opinion that he was the man that should have been appointed once Holloway left, an opinion further strengthened by that 1-0 win away to Sheffield United.

He knew the players inside out, knew the way we played and so would have known how to carry on all the hard work that had been put in place beforehand. I also reckon we'd have had a better chance at convincing the players to stay at least to the end of that season, to see where we truly could have reached.

Ah to only dream...

Mar 12, 2008
Leeds
Put ME on the pitch!!":2jhfrj7r said:
I was always of the opinion that he was the man that should have been appointed once Holloway left, an opinion further strengthened by that 1-0 win away to Sheffield United.

He knew the players inside out, knew the way we played and so would have known how to carry on all the hard work that had been put in place beforehand. I also reckon we'd have had a better chance at convincing the players to stay at least to the end of that season, to see where we truly could have reached.

Ah to only dream...

It's often daft to judge a manager on one game, but what a game that was! In my 26 years of following Argyle, that was the most complete performance I have ever seen by an Argyle team. I also liked it how, after a very tough week of away defeats, he marched the players over to the away fans at Leeds prior to kick off to applaud us. Top bloke.

A

aishburton green

Would be a good shout. I believe he has local connections in my neck of the woods.!

ejh

Sep 27, 2012
Put ME on the pitch!!":3gwpzejc said:

Ah to only dream...

I see your point but Holloway prophecized a systematic firesale of his team - presumably Breaker would have had to deal with everything Sturrock had to, Norris, Ebanks Blake, Gosling, Halmosi - all our best talent being sold and starting from scratch.

Was Breaker the man for that project?

Nov 12, 2012
To honest appointing Tim Breaker would be another big gamble, not to disimilar to the one when the board appointed CF. Being someones no 2 for years does'nt awlays make a successful manager and only having had one game to oversee the greens is not an effective berometer. On that basis I would prefer someone with a bit more head coach or management experience. Someone like Darren Southgate, given that he managed to keep middlesborough up for 3 seasons whilst all their experienced and quality players were being sold, and he was left with teenagers with little or no 1st team experience to battle it out in the premiership.

Oct 28, 2011
mattym":3ibmws5k said:
To honest appointing Tim Breaker would be another big gamble, not to disimilar to the one when the board appointed CF. Being someones no 2 for years does'nt awlays make a successful manager and only having had one game to oversee the greens is not an effective berometer. On that basis I would prefer someone with a bit more head coach or management experience. Someone like Darren Southgate, given that he managed to keep middlesborough up for 3 seasons whilst all their experienced and quality players were being sold, and he was left with teenagers with little or no 1st team experience to battle it out in the premiership.

This Darren southgate sounds like the right guy, lets hope he's nothing like his brother!

I'm not suggesting Breaker should become our manager now, I certainly wouldn't back that if CF were to leave. I just thought at the time of Holloway leaving he was the man to come in as gaffer, not Sturrock. Should never have been Sturrock.