Ticket Pricing Specials | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ticket Pricing Specials

B

Baby Face Johnson

You're missing my point. Yes some will always moan but the main point is some may simply not renew because the cost differential is becoming less especially if you miss a few games as a season ticket holder.

gil

Feb 22, 2008
Baby Face Johnson":1bq9kp6v said:
You're missing my point. Yes some will always moan but the main point is some may simply not renew because the cost differential is becoming less especially if you miss a few games as a season ticket holder.

Is the cost differential actually becoming less - have you done the maths over the seasons? I'm not suggesting you are wrong simply asking the question.

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
This is the first year I have not bought a season ticket for the last 8 or so (glory supporter)

The reasons being;
I was missing a couple of games at the start of the season due to wedding and honeymoon.

Due to the above point I didn't have money (the dd option just annoyed me the one time I did it, so didnt fancy that again)

After taking out the first couple games I felt the 'incentive' was gone (considering I may miss another along the way...this year was valentines)

But

The only discounted ticket I remember buying was the 125 celebration (£12.50)

Good

A plus point is I have been able to move around the lyndhurst and 'pick my spot' after all the interesting characters left the area of my original ST

So

Next year I will get one, and this was always going to be the case whatever league we are in.

It has been difficult to see £20 after £20 handed over

I hated the queuing

I want to feel part of it again!

May 16, 2005
Elburton
I like being a season ticket holder - I effectively get six matches free a season and my seat is guaranteed.

I have no objection to incentives for pay on the day fans - bums on seats means more income for the club. Why would anyone not want that?

B

Baby Face Johnson

gil":198a47cn said:
Baby Face Johnson":198a47cn said:

Is the cost differential actually becoming less - have you done the maths over the seasons? I'm not suggesting you are wrong simply asking the question.

No i haven't to be fair but the number of 'free' games you get as a season ticket has been falling in recent seasons plus the Sun has had cheap ticket offers on more than one occasion this season. Add to that a couple of games you can't get to over the course of a season (not the club's fault, i know, but a factor nevertheless) and the 'financial' benefit of getting a season ticket is suddenly not as attractive.

B

Baby Face Johnson

Dave Summers":17mqod9e said:
I like being a season ticket holder - I effectively get six matches free a season and my seat is guaranteed.

I have no objection to incentives for pay on the day fans - bums on seats means more income for the club. Why would anyone not want that?

I agree but what I am saying is *some* may decide not to renew because of the potd incentives whilst not particularly having anything against them, in principle, just that it is less cost effective to get a season ticket than it might otherwise have been.

G

greenscooby

I'm not sure i'm following this correctly, if as a season ticket holder you get 6 free games thats a £120 saving over a standard potd adult ticket, i don't recall the club offering potd fans anywhere near that sort of discount through the season, also as a season ticket holder as many others have already mentioned you have a guaranteed seat for all league matches and priority for cup matches, not forgetting the 10% discount in the club shop, i don't see how it works out better (for you) to be a potd fan, it would benefit the club greatly as you'd be paying £460 a season to watch, even if you were to miss 4 games you'd still have in theory 2 free games left over the potd fans. Also don't forget that the £10 ticket was only available if a season ticket holder bought it for you, so if you and ALL of your mates gave up their season tickets how would you get in for £10?

Nov 27, 2009
Plymouth.
Season tickets really are good value and give you peace of mind.

If i am honest the thought of handing over hard cash may have seen me opt out before Christmas this season.

Tin hat on.

G

greenscooby

Greenblooded1":ckujn39x said:
Do season ticket holders get into reserve, or any other games free?

Yes the home reserve matches and also THIS SUNDAYS LADIES MATCH 2PM KICK OFF.

Apr 9, 2011
If you people complaining about season ticket holders getting a good deal why didnt you buy yours when the club was desperate for money in the summer instead of waiting for the "special offers" to grace HP & then never be seen again. I think what got up peoples noses was the club stating it was a good "deal" for season ticket holders ummmm how???
Also hope by next season the club sorts out this business of people not sitting where their ticket says . There was chaos around me on Sat. There were about 8 youngsters sat in front of me & a guy turned up with two small kids who had their seat numbers & they only moved when a steward intervened. If you go to the theater you sit where your seat number tells you not where you please.