Thoughts on Ian Foster | Page 224 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Thoughts on Ian Foster

May 16, 2016
Interesting he mentions we're a family football club but from a conversation I had earlier hes apparently fell out with staff for organising events that he's refused to go to as he's only here for football and just didn't turn up to another causing a lot of embarrassment for the club. On top of stopping the players meeting and before the game doesn't look like he's that bothered with the family side of things.
Events that absolutely nobody else have heard of or seen mentioned anywhere else ?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Events that absolutely nobody else have heard of or seen mentioned anywhere else ?

As far as I’m concerned if it’s not proven or there’s no evidence then it’s probably not true. Nameless events ? Sounds made up to me..

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024
Wigan
So you prefer the b.llsh.t served up by Foster’s predecessors ?
Is it bad that I do. I thought I was done with the fist pumping badge kissers but I miss having a manager who feels like he actually gives a toss no matter how hollow it actually is. Perhaps there is a happy middle ground but if it’s a choice between the two binaries I’m going for the bs

Reactions: Lancastergreen
Mar 16, 2009
London
Is it bad that I do. I thought I was done with the fist pumping badge kissers but I miss having a manager who feels like he actually gives a toss no matter how hollow it actually is. Perhaps there is a happy middle ground but if it’s a choice between the two binaries I’m going for the bs

But isn't the trouble with the bs merchants that when they bleed (green) sincerity as to how committed they are to the club, that turns out to be bs too?

Reactions: oldage and jimsing
Mar 14, 2024
That’s an outlier. Better to take the mean which actually shows those same players contributing to us being a fairly below average championship team.
Outlier or simple fact that makes a simple point? We have the players, we just need to send them out with a positive mindset. Not rocket science really.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Outlier or simple fact that makes a simple point? We have the players, we just need to send them out with a positive mindset. Not rocket science really.

Rocket science?? Ok here’s an example of why a positive mindset isn’t enough - I’m sure every away match that Shuey told all the players to be positive - the result?? zero wins! That suggests that just saying the right stuff doesn’t always work does it??

Mar 1, 2024
Wigan
But isn't the trouble with the bs merchants that when they bleed (green) sincerity as to how committed they are to the club, that turns out to be bs too?
Neither type are committed. Football is a land of mercenaries. I would rather enjoy the bs merchants with my eyes wide open. The problem is when you forget that

Mar 14, 2024
I’m sure every away match Shuey told all the players to be positive - zero wins says just saying the right stuff doesn’t always work does it??
Of course You can’t win every game just by trying, but surely it’s a good starting point? I do agree that SS was rather naive away from home at times, but we were a team to be feared at home (until very recently).

Reactions: keithobro

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Sorry should have said not fan events but events the club wanted him at. It's not just players that haven't taken to him.

Grateful if you could name one actual event please ? 🙏

Reactions: Guiri Green

ngs

Apr 7, 2020
Surely that would be the first question. And you never thought of asking? Hilarious.
With a bunch of kids running around and not being a journalist no surprisingly I didn't get a note pad out and start taking notes whilst having a chat with someone for a couple of minutes. Sorry I'm not as nosey as others and don't actually need to know the ins and outs but I'll try my best to get details for you.