This site. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

This site.

Sep 16, 2009
Bournemouth
Deacster":30t1xksu said:
I think Adams is to Argyle what Brexit is to the Country, very divisive in terms of opinion. It's very hard to move forwards with anything if the majority are not behind it, so I think as long as we have the same manager in charge the situation will continue unfortunately.

This is very true. I'm actually a bit worried in fact as to what will happen if by some miracle Argyle win at Accrington on Saturday and then stay up. I think the vitriol thrown at the anti-Adams brigade by the "humble pie" brigade could start a civil war on here!

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
IJN":2rlgf8sy said:
On Easter Monday after we played Barnsley, we had more viewers on line than we did on the evening of us beating Newport 6-1 to confirm promotion. :facepalm: :clap:

You can draw what conclusion you want from that FACT!

Thanks for your support as always.

The usage could be interpreted as the digital equivalent of 'rubber-necking' a car crash on the opposite motorway. On the other hand it just might reflect the entrenched goodwill towards Argyle from exiled non-attending supporters from across the UK and beyond. In painful circumstances, I prefer the latter..

Voice of Reason

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 30, 2004
It doesn't surprise me in the least. Sadly people revel in doom and misery, the internet is a perfect vehicle for it.

Lets be honest if you spouted some of the nasty stuff we've seen here over the last few months in the local pub, you'd probably head home with a splint up your hooter, where as its safe to do it from your own settee.

I guess i would be in the DA camp to a degree, he isn't my favourite person, he isn't anywhere near me idea of a perfect manager, but he has until this season brought a degree of success, giving him a long term contract after three seasons of successive improvement at the time seemed the right thing to do, stability is a good thing in football. I dont remember there being outrage at the time, i'm sure some did question it and rightly so, but i think in the main it appeared a reasonable thing to do. How would the board have looked in a Championship side had taken him off us (which WAS a distinct possibility) and we received nothing for it?

Sadly this season has been an utter disaster, for which DA has to carry the can, whether it injuries, budget, bad luck, lack of leaders or a combination of them all - this is rightful debate and what these pages are designed for i would think.

But as this thread shows "Giving DA a 5 year contract is one of the worst decisions a board has ever made" - for a club that's recently seen administration that is a shocking claim. The umpteen terrible decisions that saw things like Yannick Bolaise leave for Ā£10000, with no future clauses despite him transferring for Ā£30 million just 4 seasons later, the decision to give DA a long contract doesn't come close. You may dislike him, hate him even, but please dont let it blind your every opinion.

I dont do facebook, tweeting, instagram etc as i find the whole thing vain and tiresome, whenever those beliefs waiver, i look at Pasoti after an Argyle defeat and realise that i'm right, i dont need them in my life.

Whilst i fear the worst for this season, i shall make the trip to Accy Saturday and be down for the last game, we need all the support and passion fans can offer right now.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Voice_of_Reason":2etfnpxr said:
It doesn't surprise me in the least. Sadly people revel in doom and misery, the internet is a perfect vehicle for it.

Lets be honest if you spouted some of the nasty stuff we've seen here over the last few months in the local pub, you'd probably head home with a splint up your hooter, where as its safe to do it from your own settee.

I guess i would be in the DA camp to a degree, he isn't my favourite person, he isn't anywhere near me idea of a perfect manager, but he has until this season brought a degree of success, giving him a long term contract after three seasons of successive improvement at the time seemed the right thing to do, stability is a good thing in football. I dont remember there being outrage at the time, i'm sure some did question it and rightly so, but i think in the main it appeared a reasonable thing to do. How would the board have looked in a Championship side had taken him off us (which WAS a distinct possibility) and we received nothing for it?

Sadly this season has been an utter disaster, for which DA has to carry the can, whether it injuries, budget, bad luck, lack of leaders or a combination of them all - this is rightful debate and what these pages are designed for i would think.

But as this thread shows "Giving DA a 5 year contract is one of the worst decisions a board has ever made" - for a club that's recently seen administration that is a shocking claim. The umpteen terrible decisions that saw things like Yannick Bolaise leave for Ā£10000, with no future clauses despite him transferring for Ā£30 million just 4 seasons later, the decision to give DA a long contract doesn't come close. You may dislike him, hate him even, but please dont let it blind your every opinion.

I dont do facebook, tweeting, instagram etc as i find the whole thing vain and tiresome, whenever those beliefs waiver, i look at Pasoti after an Argyle defeat and realise that i'm right, i dont need them in my life.

Whilst i fear the worst for this season, i shall make the trip to Accy Saturday and be down for the last game, we need all the support and passion fans can offer right now.

Very nicely written. Your nom de plume is well chosen. Incidentally an American friend of mine has the same name on Norwich City's supporters web-site dating back to his days serving on a US BASE in East Anglia!

jespafc

āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Metal_Green_Mickey":3o24640s said:
My worry about this site is the nastiness.

I mean who cares what camp your in. We support the same team and itā€™s just an opinion.

Emotions are getting ramped up, understandably, and if we stay up or go down l feel there will be a backlash from whoever feels justified with their opinion.

Iā€™m glad this site is getting the numbers, but l just donā€™t understand why there is so much anger towards other fans who share opposing view points about our manager. I couldnā€™t care less if people think lm right or wrong. It doesnā€™t matter. Iā€™m just one of many thousands upon thousands who support this club so lm insignificant in the general scheme.

Supporting this club, thatā€™s why we are here. Itā€™s a great site to help increase that support. Unfortunately, at times just seems we are at loggerheads when itā€™s pretty simple and easy to be nice to people.

Maybe lm just a wishful thinker but ld like to think sites like this should help to unite the fan base, not divide it.

Sorry if this is an inappropriate post for this thread.

This! :clap:

It's a game of football for gawd's sake!

If we go down, we go down. I don't think we will, but I may be wrong. However, the personal insults and aggressive retorts from some posters is frankly embarrassing. Go enjoy the sun, enjoy supporting our team, Plymouth Argyle. If you don't enjoy it, maybe try something else.

Aug 23, 2009
Southway
Iā€™m not a frequent poster by any means but personally I try and avoid the site after a result like Mondays. For me though , what o donā€™t understand is the posters that seem to genuinely enjoy argyle losing.

Voice of Reason

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 30, 2004
Thank you Qunitrell.

By coincidence i would say Norwich are my other team (if there is such a thing) - i'm married to a Norwich girl who's father, two brothers and multiple other relatives are regulars at Carrow Road.

The irony is this time last year their fan base had similar feelings towards their boss, out of his depth, no idea etc etc - look how that turned out. Its great to see them do well, they are in essence what Argyle should/could be, a community club that the locals buy into and cherish.

Weirdly i was once asked for my autograph (15 years ago), i gave the 9/10 year old a puzzled look and asked him who he thought i was - his response "Chris Sutton" - i'm about the right height and age but its a mistake no one has ever made!!

Oct 14, 2015
Quintrell_Green":ba61kqby said:
Voice_of_Reason":ba61kqby said:

Very nicely written. Your nom de plume is well chosen. Incidentally an American friend of mine has the same name on Norwich City's supporters web-site dating back to his days serving on a US BASE in East Anglia!

I agree with you there in regards to VOR and his posts. No insults or rudeness and expresses his ( or hers? Who knows) in a very well thought out process....there are a few on here who's opinion about everything Argyle I enjoy reading and VOR is one of them.

The Doctor

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Voice_of_Reason":28ekd9k1 said:
Thank you Qunitrell.

By coincidence i would say Norwich are my other team (if there is such a thing) - i'm married to a Norwich girl who's father, two brothers and multiple other relatives are regulars at Carrow Road.

The irony is this time last year their fan base had similar feelings towards their boss, out of his depth, no idea etc etc - look how that turned out. Its great to see them do well, they are in essence what Argyle should/could be, a community club that the locals buy into and cherish.

Weirdly i was once asked for my autograph (15 years ago), i gave the 9/10 year old a puzzled look and asked him who he thought i was - his response "Chris Sutton" - i'm about the right height and age but its a mistake no one has ever made!!

I too have a wife who grew up in Norwich and a father-in-law who is a regular at Carrow Road! You don't even have to go back to this time last year for a time when Norwich fans wanted Farke out. September will do. It's really remarkable what has happened there in the last 6 months.

Oct 22, 2018
Metal_Green_Mickey":s6b2xpf7 said:
My worry about this site is the nastiness.

I mean who cares what camp your in. We support the same team and itā€™s just an opinion.

Emotions are getting ramped up, understandably, and if we stay up or go down l feel there will be a backlash from whoever feels justified with their opinion.

Iā€™m glad this site is getting the numbers, but l just donā€™t understand why there is so much anger towards other fans who share opposing view points about our manager. I couldnā€™t care less if people think lm right or wrong. It doesnā€™t matter. Iā€™m just one of many thousands upon thousands who support this club so lm insignificant in the general scheme.

Supporting this club, thatā€™s why we are here. Itā€™s a great site to help increase that support. Unfortunately, at times just seems we are at loggerheads when itā€™s pretty simple and easy to be nice to people.

Maybe lm just a wishful thinker but ld like to think sites like this should help to unite the fan base, not divide it.

Sorry if this is an inappropriate post for this thread.

Good post could not agree more. The angry brigade always out in numbers when we're in trouble