This Site functionality | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

This Site functionality

May 16, 2016
Recently did an update on my Android Mobile Internet broswer and now find this Site extremely "jumpy" and unstable. It seems jittery and moves about a bit. Typing comments can be harder work.

Not had the same problem on other sites.Is it just me ?

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Never had a problem, but I do use a iPhone to access this site

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
It's not just you Guiri, Pasoti on my Android phone has been slow and jittery for months. Very frustrating. It isn't that much better on my PC with Chrome either. I don't have any problem with other sites, so I don't know why it happens.

Mat

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
Sep 22, 2003
Sidney, British Columbia,, Canada
“Android Mobile Internet” sounds like some proprietary preinstalled browser, have you tries others like Chrome/Brave, Firefox or Opera/Vivaldi?

Mat

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
Sep 22, 2003
Sidney, British Columbia,, Canada
I find device detection struggles, sometimes I get the desktop view then it skips back to mobile/tablet, is that what you mean by jittery?

Also the page can reload, I’m guessing there’s a memory leak causing the tab to crash and forcing a reload.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
It's all fine on my Android Samsung A something or other. I have no idea what browser I'm on but, whatever it is, it works without delay or jitter.

Last edited:

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
It was very jittery a while back but that seems to have been fixed for me (Android/Samsung).

Mar 22, 2020
I use an Android phone with Chrome browser. Find scrolling through a thread very jumpy at the top and then it smoothes out afterwards.

Reactions: X Isle

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yep 99% of the time (particularly with android) it's the person's personal set up rather than a site fault.

At this present time Pasoti is purring along.

Jul 29, 2010
I use an Android phone with Chrome browser. Find scrolling through a thread very jumpy at the top and then it smoothes out afterwards.
Same here. I'm back in constant cookie clearing mode.

Adam smoothed it out a few weeks back after it was virtually unusable, maybe another wrinkle is forming 😔

Edit: and no, I'm not going to change my browser settings, they work perfectly on ever other site.

May 16, 2016
Yep 99% of the time (particularly with android) it's the person's personal set up rather than a site fault.

Not sure how to work that out though, especially when the problem doesn't appear on any other site I frequently use.

Reactions: X Isle

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The same this end though GG.

We can't search for a problem of say .5% of phones.

However I will ask Adam to have a word with the super geeks. 👍

If the browser supports a particular 'setup', and a site doesn't work properly with that setup, then it's 100% the site's fault.

Appreciate what you're saying about not being able to cater for all the edge cases (the least common 5% of configs), but the problem still sits with the site - it's not the user's fault if they're using a supported phone / OS / browser combo, and your site doesn't support it properly.

FWIW I use Android / Brave on a fairly high spec phone (Snapdragon 855 Octa-core, 8Gb RAM). Pasoti used to run perfectly, but the last few months it's been poor. My setup hasn't changed. Other sites continue to work perfectly. The difference seems to be the introduction of new types of ads on this site.