This has to be THE reason why................ | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

This has to be THE reason why................

Terrible On Target Stats

How many times have we read 2 attempts on TARGET in 95 minutes or similar this season :facepalm:

Bottom line is.........................

WE CANNOT DEFEND SET PIECES IN PARTICULAR

WE CANNOT CONVERT LIMITED CREATIVITY TO GOALS

I know it, YOU know it but..................................................

Add other weaknesses as you see fit.

Question - Would Fergie be able to get more out of these lads ?

Discuss

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
Yes, the players are good enough for mid-table in this division, maybe slightly above. They are not being played in their right positions, the team is not settled and keeps changing and Fletch does not know who the best 11 is. Fergie does, and would tell players when they are not performing.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
SurreyGreen":24jmnild said:
Yes, the players are good enough for mid-table in this division, maybe slightly above. They are not being played in their right positions, the team is not settled and keeps changing and Fletch does not know who the best 11 is. Fergie does, and would tell players when they are not performing.

Who isn't being played in the correct position? With the exception of Macca.

Mar 30, 2006
Horsedowns, Cornwall
Nobby":3tdshe0p said:
SurreyGreen":3tdshe0p said:

Paris, Andres, Youngy, Macca, Baz.

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
Andres keeps swapping from CF to R/LM and Paris is naturally a striker and plays on RM. He is good on RM though when I've seen him. I just think the team needs to be settled- too many changes (some forced yes). Play another striker up top apart from chadders as well. He is not far off with 4-2-3-1

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Before tonight's game we've collected 38 yellow cards, the second highest in L2, just two behind Fleetwood. Ironically, there were no yellow cards v Bradford. The L2 average is 26 yellow cards. This will come back to haunt us soon with suspensions.

Just two clean sheets, the second worst record in L2.

99 shots on-target before the Bradford game, the seventh lowest in L2.

23 league and cup games and not once has the starting 11 been the same from one game to the next.

On the plus side, we've been awarded six penalties, the joint-highest in L2.

Jul 29, 2010
Aerok":db39xpzv said:
Nobby":db39xpzv said:
SurreyGreen":db39xpzv said:

......plus Madjo, his best position is on the pitch.

......and Chadwick, his best position is on the sofa.

Surrey is right, within that extravagantly large squad is a decent mid table football team. We just need a manager to identify it and play it consistently with tactics likely to win football matches.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Aerok":22xmxk17 said:
Nobby":22xmxk17 said:
SurreyGreen":22xmxk17 said:

Bhasera can play LB or LM. Which is where he operates.
Young by trade is a CM, so has been playing there.
Paris is a winger, only ever a striker for Woking in a 4-3-3. Even then, not through the middle.
Gurrieri played in the hole tonight, it's where he has performed best.
Macca, I already said he was an exception.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
According to a detailed analysis described in The Times's Fink Tank a few years back 'Shots on Target' is the only stat that correlates with good results or the potential for good results. Possession, corners and total shots all mean little as far as a team's underlying strength/potential. It's only when the 'Shots on Target' is relatively high that better results follow. I wish I had the original article or a link to it but the finding was very clear.

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
Bermudian Green":39445yul said:
SurreyGreen":39445yul said:
Yes, the players are good enough for mid-table in this division, maybe slightly above.

Out of interest, what are you basing that on?
Of what I have seen they can do, at Gillingham for example. Or Cheltenham where they were unlucky to lose that one. In plenty of other matches there have been bright spells which slick passing and attacking and good strong defending its just that these things don't happen enough and I feel a different manager would be able to get the best out of them.

May 22, 2006
In plenty of games there has been good football played without producing justified results (there's also been plenty of bad football played getting the justified results).

As others have suggested, maybe the issue is simply Fletch's inexperience and never keeping to a settled team. Jake Cole has put in may good performances; Scotty looked like a very good left back in a couple of games, Madjo has consistently seemed to be our best option up front, yet none of them are getting a look in at the moment. Other than injuries and suspensions, it makes you wonder if there is something behind the scenes that is influencing team selection which is having an adverse affect on team performance.

A couple of wins would massively boost confidence but just seems to be increasingly unlikely at the moment.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
X Isle":1i26kozj said:
Aerok":1i26kozj said:
Nobby":1i26kozj said:
SurreyGreen":1i26kozj said:

......plus Madjo, his best position is on the pitch.

......and Chadwick, his best position is on the sofa.

Surrey is right, within that extravagantly large squad is a decent mid table football team. We just need a manager to identify it and play it consistently with tactics likely to win football matches.
Here, here :iagree: