The stats do not lie - there's got to be some changes.. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The stats do not lie - there's got to be some changes..

B

bandwagon

loyal1970":1t9vmwwl said:
Steve Wooldridge":1t9vmwwl said:
Its more of a pleasure going away games to watch Argyle nowadays, real atmosphere and footy banter. Going to Home Park is like going to saturday morning cinema, or a Gongo the Clown birthday party, we have become a cheap plasticy sort of club now, the worst ive seen it in 45 years, including manager and team.
amen to that.

I second that - That Forza thing is getting on my nerves, get Tribute on the Mayflower soon so that I can at least deaden the 'spectacle' laid out before me on a far too regular basis!! Beginning to wonder if the clown effect is happening on and off the bloody pitch!!

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
it started when they closed the moanflower terrace/seating !!

all down hill since then time to get it bloody open again before its too late

Feb 21, 2011
Said this before, the Mayflower shutting charts our fall from grace, free ride for officials and away bench, bloody Taylor report.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Emu":1ym8mjs8 said:
Matches this season in Football League:

CHAM: 55 homes 24 draws 40 aways Away win percentage 33.6%

L1: 47 homes 38 draws 44 aways Away win percentage 34.1%

L2: 48 homes 37 draws 43 aways Away win percentage 33.6%

I don't think any team finds it easy to win at home these days.
Home advantage is not such an important ingredient in the modern game.

After another spate of away wins in Division Two at the weekend the stats are now:

L2: 51 homes 39 draws 49 aways Away win percentage 35.2%

I'm genuinely puzzled here. Over a 1000 of us stood at Barnet on Saturday, which confirms my understanding that post Taylor lower league clubs are allowed to retain standing areas. So why can't the lower Mayflower revert to standing, and at a reduced price to increase crowd size?

Regarding the impact of price on crowd size, I think Bradford have the answer. Instead of accasional special price offers (which I agree rarely puts many extra bums on seats) they have a consistent very low price policy which clearly brings in big crowds regularly, and I would bet their gate revenue is amongst the best in this league, not to mention the spin-offs from club shop sales etc.

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
mervyn":f1smooee said:
I'm genuinely puzzled here. Over a 1000 of us stood at Barnet on Saturday, which confirms my understanding that post Taylor lower league clubs are allowed to retain standing areas. So why can't the lower Mayflower revert to standing, and at a reduced price to increase crowd size?

Regarding the impact of price on crowd size, I think Bradford have the answer. Instead of accasional special price offers (which I agree rarely puts many extra bums on seats) they have a consistent very low price policy which clearly brings in big crowds regularly, and I would bet their gate revenue is amongst the best in this league, not to mention the spin-offs from club shop sales etc.
Once converted to seating it is currently not possible to go back. I guess the only reason L1 & L2 are not forced into all seating is due to their finances taking too much of a hit for most clubs. I believe Bradford sold their season tickets for a pittance which explains their numbers; fine if the figures add up to allow the club sufficient finances.