The Same Team | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Same Team

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
max":39vklvbr said:
Somebody said that Cole won two or three games for us this season, well he certainly has lost us a few too!! Witness last night!!
He can't punch, can't catch, can't move his feet and can't move off the goal line!! Oh! and he can't shout to his defenders!!! If they had had six corners, they would have scored six goals!!
Get the big fellah in!!
You raise an interesting point- it's balance.

Is Gilmartin a weaker shot stopper and kicker than Cole? Sunday seems to suggest so. Is he better at controlling his area than Cole? Sunday seems to suggest so.

The big question is, would we gain more points or lose more points overall with having Rene in goal? I'm not convinced we would. Cole has made some fantastic saves this season to save us points that perhaps a lesser shot stopper would not.

Jul 6, 2005
mikedjoker":zjonbjxy said:
Can anyone explain how we beat Rochdale 3-1 one of the so called better teams a few weeks ago with the same players and now playing so poor in the last 2 games.

it looked promising at last a few weeks ago 3 or 4 points off the playoffs now we are looking over outshoulders again.
For the same reasons that Celtic beat Barcelona last night and should have got a draw over in Spain but lost at home to Kilmarnock in between.

It's called football; don't try to predict what's going to happen or expect it to always make sense.

On the other hand, why did we lose to 2 goals from simple crosses a few weeks ago at Cheltenham only to do exactly the same thing again last night.

That really was all too predictable.

With regards to the Rochdale game, we started very well in the first half whilst they were pretty poor and we were deservedly 2 up.

However, the second half was a different story and if Cole hadn't saved that penalty early on I don't think we would have won the game.

Sep 23, 2005
No not the same team. The good performances had hourihane, gurrieri central midfield in the hole, Scott Griffiths and pch. Nothing fletch could do about hourihane but gurrieri left wing? PCH on the bench? For goodness sake.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
jollygreenjohn":dggac7pl said:
No not the same team. The good performances had hourihane, gurrieri central midfield in the hole, Scott Griffiths and pch. Nothing fletch could do about hourihane but gurrieri left wing? PCH on the bench? For goodness sake.

Hourihane's suspension meant formation change. AG is only good in the hole not as a CM, hence why on left.

PCH on bench to allow for fact Macca was back. Not a strange decision IMO.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
monkeywrench":3rj2n6td said:
I would suggest that given the scale of task undertaken by Fletch, you were always going to get a mixed bag when you win a couple and then lose a couple. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if we got a result on Saturday.

We are lacking in quality in 2 or 3 areas and have severely missed the two named above.

surely goalie, defence, midfield & attack is four areas? :whistle:

Jul 6, 2011
Nobby":2zwd93zt said:
Which player was missing last night, for most of Sunday & Rotherham? Hourihane.

In those 3 games we passed the ball like a bunch of school kids.

He. Is. Vital.

Not sure how anyone can fail to see that.

:iagree: But not many will accept that and the simple answer is that this group of 'supporters' will always need a victim and this years is called Hourihane.

Darren Purse has been a miss, yes, moreso for his organisational ability & missed I think by Blanchard. Nelson has played well, but like Max & Pursey I think Nelse plays much better alongside Jamie Richards.

B

Ben Gifford

Nobby":22d3bu4j said:
Which player was missing last night, for most of Sunday & Rotherham? Hourihane.

In those 3 games we passed the ball like a bunch of school kids.

He. Is. Vital.

Not sure how anyone can fail to see that.

:iagree: