The New Grandstand & Ice Rink (when will they be built?) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The New Grandstand & Ice Rink (when will they be built?)

Dec 7, 2006
I seem to recall that Brent announced back in the late summer (?) that he hoped to submit the planning application/plans to PCC for the new Grandstand and Ice Rink before Christmas. Anyone have any info or update etc on whether this is likely to happen? If building is peniclled in for mid-2013 then I suspect it must be 'imminent' (sorry, there's that word again). :think:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Planning permission for the grandstand was scheduled to be submitted in late 2012 or early 2013 with construction starting at some point during 2013 and taking about one year to complete.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
there has been a delay: the ice under Fletcher's office is a bit too thin for skating at the moment

a DoF (Delivery of Frost) is being brought in. :coat:

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Pogleswoody":2xizdvxh said:
there has been a delay: the ice under Fletcher's office is a bit too thin for skating at the moment

a DoF (Delivery of Frost) is being brought in. :coat:

Dunno he's managed to skate on it for a while. :lol: :scarf: :sigh:

B

bandwagon

PL2 3DQ":5aoem7ls said:
Planning permission for the grandstand was scheduled to be submitted in late 2012 or early 2013 with construction starting at some point during 2013 and taking about one year to complete.

Blimey, the upper class will have to slum it in the stalls for a year? - plenty of space mind!! :whistle:

Nov 12, 2012
Perhaps we could spray paint the ice green and put in a semi circle, penalty box's, goals and pitch lines and state it as the theatre of nightmares (HP's) new turf, perhaps without our socks on players will manage to score ahead of the opposition.

bodspafc

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Aug 8, 2005
Bristol
bandwagon":379s47z8 said:
PL2 3DQ":379s47z8 said:

Blimey, the upper class will have to slum it in the stalls for a year? - plenty of space mind!! :whistle:

Maybe that's the big plan? Ensure crowds drop significantly so that there is room to put the grandstand season ticket holders somewhere when the stand is re-built. When it's finished, we then start winning matches and shoot up the leagues to full houses of 20,000 people!

:thumbs:

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
mattym":1300y5hn said:
Perhaps we could spray paint the ice green and put in a semi circle, penalty box's, goals and pitch lines and state it as the theatre of nightmares (HP's) new turf, perhaps without our socks on players will manage to score ahead of the opposition.

With the new circles on the pitch and the ice, we could turn it into a curling arena.

Dec 7, 2006
Emu":e5ep6r0n said:
mattym":e5ep6r0n said:

With the new circles on the pitch and the ice, we could turn it into a curling arena.
Yes please! I'm brill at curling, me. Got my own tongs and everything! :thumbup: ;)