The Mexican strip | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Mexican strip

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Mark58":h173b5vs said:
Just checked out Pantone 3501 C. Spot on! And, yes, Adam R, I'm sure that a lot of it is due to whichever era you personally associate with from an Argyle point of view. My 'Argyle Green' is from my first season - 1966-67.

:iagree: That un'll do bhey!! :scarf:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
On the subject of kits, have you seen Milton Keynes kit?

:funny:

Oct 31, 2015
Tony_Flags":3pb3zu9y said:
Can we bring in Slaven Bilic's thoughts on this thread. I have a feeling I may agree with him. zzzzzzzz

Seconded. His comments yesterday were class and apt for this topic :)

Mar 16, 2006
Manchester
Knibbsworth":1god6w4q said:
999mattyg":1god6w4q said:
Manchesterlalala":1god6w4q said:
Every time anyone says ā€œcan we have Adidas backā€ I do wonder whether they actually remember the two seasons we did have with Adidas at the turn of the decade. Hands down two of the worst shirts weā€™ve ever have in not only design but cut and the contentious issue of colour. Not to mention the size of the red blob and the change of logo to the New World Order abomination. I canā€™t understand why anyone would ever consider the brand again after those years.

I agree with the association but you cannot beat Adidas quality. By far the best quality shirts I can remember. Having said that I like Puma and this seasons strips look good.

Nope they were crap!

Yes. Yes they were. This is honestly the worst shirt I recall.

https://goo.gl/images/KzvfLZ

The collar, the position of the Adidas logo, the shape of the collar, the two tone green. Itā€™s all hideous.

And this one wasnā€™t much better:

https://goo.gl/images/jUe2Z7

Itā€™s not ā€œArgyleā€ green. Itā€™s not even the new brand of green. Itā€™s an asymmetrical balls up of a shirt with the largest red blob ever and sleeves like bloody parachutes! Terrible.

Jul 24, 2012
Floyd_Pepper":25oh2rmq said:
Adam_R":25oh2rmq said:
What actually is "Argyle Green"?

Is there a colour the club recognise as the real green or is it just subjective and each fan picks a green from throughout the ages that to them signifies real Argyle Green - either because they liked that kit or because it corresponded to a particularly successful point in the club's history?

In my humble opinion & 40 years following Argyle, it should be somewhere as close to Pantone 3501 C as we can get.
click

Do really like the colour. A big fan of #007831 myself too, though.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Adam_R":2xo2k0je said:

Several years back Argyle announced they had registered Argyle Green as their official colour and gave the appropriate Pantone and RGB numbers. A lot of people including IJN thought it was too dark. Unfortunately I have no record of what the settings were. I think it was in the time of the previous owners. (spit)

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Argylegames":16yervm0 said:
Adam_R":16yervm0 said:

Several years back Argyle announced they had registered Argyle Green as their official colour and gave the appropriate Pantone and RGB numbers. A lot of people including IJN thought it was too dark. Unfortunately I have no record of what the settings were. I think it was in the time of the previous owners. (spit)

The Dark Ages? :problem:

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Wikipedia talks of us introducing the new darker green in the 2000s and using it ever since.

The original idea was to have our registered colour to avoid having to change when we changed kit supplier. The various companies will not use each other's colours, but will use one owned by the client.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Brentford's kit will work well on a Tuesday night - not. You have to laugh at the vote underneath the photos.