The legend Neil Warnock! | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The legend Neil Warnock!

Feb 3, 2013
Just relaxing at home today when I got a phone call from Neil Warnock,who I dont know personally! in 1997 after he was sacked by Dan Macauley I wrote to him expressing my sympathy. Very impressively he replied to me at the time thanking me for the letter. Apparently during a recent clear out he discovered the letter on headed notepaper and rang me(27 years later) in case he had not thanked me at the time.A true footballing legend and easy to see why he has been so popular with supporters everwhere he has been,just love watching that playoff semi final against Colchester where he got sent off and ended up on the mayflower terrace with us!Anyway wished us luck for tomorrow and hoped we'd win against one of his former clubs!

smudja

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
Great to hear that Neil still thinks about those days

Wrote to me after his dismissal in reply to a letter I wrote on behalf of a supporters club in 97. Genuinely believe if Dan had backed him the way he backed Shilts Argyle things would be so differently. Neil knew that there was a gravy train to get on. Signing an aging Bruce Grobbelaar instead of Dean Kieley summed it up.
Dan didn't think Kieley was with 200k, Neil did.. 9 months later he was sold for 1M. Argyle sold a few Grobbelaar T shirts!!

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Very likeable bloke indeed.
As I have written on here, at least twice before, I met him on the little ferry boat that crosses between East and West Looe. He was with his family. When I mentioned what a legend he was, he replied "normally, I would walk across here of course!!" 😂

What is also impressive, is you still have the same phone number seagreen!

Feb 3, 2013
Very likeable bloke indeed.
As I have written on here, at least twice before, I met him on the little ferry boat that crosses between East and West Looe. He was with his family. When I mentioned what a legend he was, he replied "normally, I would walk across here of course!!" 😂

What is also impressive, is you still have the same phone number seagreen!
Actually the number was slightly wrong on the letterhead,but he still got through.Bemused my wife a little as she answered the call. 31 years and counting in Lifton!