The league table in December & January | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The league table in December & January

Apr 15, 2008
London
99% of our fanbase fawned over Ian Foster when he was appointed. It was bizzare. Everyone seemed to buy into the weird “elite coach” thing.

I always thought that Foster was an underwhelming and a misguided choice but I wasn’t allowed to have that opinion.
I don't remember any fawning at all let alone 99%. At best it was 'let's give him a chance'... the general opinion was one of being underwhelmed.

Jun 24, 2008
Yorkshire
99% of our fanbase fawned over Ian Foster when he was appointed. It was bizzare. Everyone seemed to buy into the weird “elite coach” thing.

I always thought that Foster was an underwhelming and a misguided choice but I wasn’t allowed to have that opinion.
I said to my lad after 20 mins at Huddersfield long ball coach not suited to us ! Not trying to gain browning points but I did however I also said Sacking Foster after Preston was also too late which I still stand by for what its worth don't rate Norwich we nearly got a draw or better there and we've nothing to come from Hull based on the last 2 weeks

Reactions: Sparkypete

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Yes there was all sorts of fawning over foster after the first 3/4 games saying how lucky we were to have him with his England links and that he was an upgrade on schuey. The only real
Dissenting voice I can remember was cobi who didn’t fancy him from the start and took some stick over it.
You have clearly forgotten up the line's contribution to the debate.

May 16, 2016
In amongst the latest craze for being an "I told you so" celebrity poster, I do recall a lot of the more "prominent" voices - especially the anti Foster contributors, using phrases like "humble pie" after the away performances at Middlesbrough and Blackburn.

Obviously quickly and best forgotten when making the end of season acceptance speech at the Foresight Awards 23/24.

When did discovering that not everyone agrees with you or someone doesn't hold a similar opinion become being "shut down" or "piled on" ?

Why is it some posters have such a need to point out something they said or "called right" (guessed) months ago, usually on a post that most haven't read in the first place.

May 16, 2016

Yet by your own admission you can post two differing opinions in the time it takes Cooper to place the ball for a goal kick to when it gets to the other end of the pitch.

Everyone on here is allowed an opinion, and everyone on here is allowed to have a different opinion from you. Don't confuse someone not fawning over ourselves and everything we write as denial of individual thought.

Reactions: memory man

Said old Green

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jan 3, 2023

You weren't the only one amigo. I stopped posting for a while because of the stick that I got for saying he was a terrible appointment.

Contrary to what was said at the time ( and even now) perhaps Mr Hallett was capable of making a mistake and we aren't the smartest data driven club out there.