The 'how about' merged thread | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The 'how about' merged thread

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
DartingtonPilgrim":m76jbvkc said:
how about Baily Cargill , left footed centre back released by Bournemouth.

He has had plenty of loan experience and I note he was recalled from Fleetwood by Bournemouth. I note in one of the Football Transfer websites he is quoted of having a valuation of £225,000. Having been released by Bournemouth, I cannot imagine that valuation stands! It is debatable whether he is on DA's radar unless his overworked single scout or DA have actually viewed him in competitive combat. He is a tall big lad, I will give him that.

May 8, 2011
Quintrell_Green":hf76485q said:
DartingtonPilgrim":hf76485q said:
how about Baily Cargill , left footed centre back released by Bournemouth.

He has had plenty of loan experience and I note he was recalled from Fleetwood by Bournemouth. I note in one of the Football Transfer websites he is quoted of having a valuation of £225,000. Having been released by Bournemouth, I cannot imagine that valuation stands! It is debatable whether he is on DA's radar unless his overworked single scout or DA have actually viewed him in competitive combat. He is a tall big lad, I will give him that.

If Cargill had been identified as a target then as he played since January 2018 for Partick Thistle, Derek Adams’ dad would have seen him play and Adams could have watched the last couple of matches he played.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Quintrell_Green":3h7e31cn said:
janner67":3h7e31cn said:
wouldnt mind Ross Wallace either.

Age profile all wrong for DA at 33 ?

I think anyone of that age coming from the Championship would have to be willing to take a big pay cut. The likelihood is we'll be in for younger players with less playing experience and more room to develop. More risky but much cheaper to bring in and more upside if they do succeed.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Dunfermline centre back Callum Morris is looking for a move down south.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Surprised nobody has mentioned Jamille Matt as back up for Taylor reckon he could do a job in our team despite not doing anything since leaving we know if Derek likes a player he will try again if not successfull first time and he his free

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
plymouth1970":3q5abcmn said:
How about Tomas Cerny , gk from Partick Thistle , back up goalkeeper, released from his contract due to relegation clause

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomáš_Černý

I agree Cerny has been around some top Scottish teams, but I do question as to whether him being aged 33 fits DA's age profile for his first team keeper. I would think he was looking for one younger, who has a few years experience about himself

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Quintrell_Green":19adndww said:
plymouth1970":19adndww said:
How about Tomas Cerny , gk from Partick Thistle , back up goalkeeper, released from his contract due to relegation clause

I agree Cerny has been around some top Scottish teams, but I do question as to whether him being aged 33 fits DA's age profile for his first team keeper. I would think he was looking for one younger, who has a few years experience about himself

33 year old keeper, in good nick, could play for another 7 seasons. That's enough surely? :think:

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Pogleswoody":z7qmkli9 said:
Quintrell_Green":z7qmkli9 said:
plymouth1970":z7qmkli9 said:

33 year old keeper, in good nick, could play for another 7 seasons. That's enough surely? :think:

Not every keeper is called Shilton!

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Quintrell_Green":15oluor4 said:
Pogleswoody":15oluor4 said:
Quintrell_Green":15oluor4 said:
plymouth1970":15oluor4 said:

I refer the honourable member to the use of 'in good nick' and 'could' ... the defence rests M'Lud ;)

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Pogleswoody":2rkdy4pb said:
Quintrell_Green":2rkdy4pb said:
Pogleswoody":2rkdy4pb said:
Quintrell_Green":2rkdy4pb said:
plymouth1970":2rkdy4pb said:

I refer the honourable member to the use of 'in good nick' and 'could' ... the defence rests M'Lud ;)

Seems to be a marital expression?

Sep 19, 2015
edengreen":1a7d7xvk said:
Surprised nobody has mentioned Jamille Matt as back up for Taylor reckon he could do a job in our team despite not doing anything since leaving we know if Derek likes a player he will try again if not successfull first time and he his free

We need to get away from trying to sign previous players purely based on there performance from there time at Home Park. Jamille had hardly set the world alight for both Blackpool or Grimsby since leaving the Greens! Much better players should be available this summer.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Quintrell_Green":2h1kov5h said:
Pogleswoody":2h1kov5h said:
Pogleswoody":2h1kov5h said:
plymouth1970":2h1kov5h said:

Seems to be a marital expression?

Oh yeah sorry .. that was a flashback to my divorce from Mrs Pogle the First!! ;)